_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars: Other Racing
For automotive racing topics not already covered.
1/16 California Charger wip
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Auto Modeler: 76 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 11:15 AM UTC
This is the Revell kit that hit the shelves not too aweful long ago. I started this some time last year, promptly lost the molded blower drive belt, then shelved it. Unbeknownst to me, there was a rubber belt that was in the bag with all the poly tubing that I did not see. Well, I happened to be stumbling thru the bags when I found it and decided it was time to continue. Soooo, this is where it is as of today. Frame rails painted, engine painted (needs more though) and pretty much assembled. Various parts and pieces painted. Hoping to start dropping parts tween' the rails soon. Thanks for lookings. "Q"

rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 03:14 PM UTC
Nice work Matthew i like the color of the frame and the paint looks nice and smooth, the engine has very good detail it looks like Revell did a good job on it, should look even better with the fuel lines added. What year dragster would this have been i am guessing around the early 1970's.
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 07:02 PM UTC
Cool subject Matthew. Love the detailed engine.
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 07:14 AM UTC
Thanks for the kudos guys. Have made some more progress on this beast. Was able to drop the engine between the rails and get most of the control linkages installed too. Will have to go back and touch up the body panels as I noticed some small dust particles in the paint. Shouldn't be too much of a hassle though. Should add the front end and controls later today. Thanks for looking, comments welcome. "Q"

bsoder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 142 posts
Auto Modeler: 101 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 08:01 PM UTC
Now aren't you glad you got back into it! this looks like a fun build and it's looking really good
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 03:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Now aren't you glad you got back into it! this looks like a fun build and it's looking really good

Yes and no. Glad as it will be getting finished, no as it made me want to run it thru flight trials on more than one occassion. To me the hard part is over. Now it's just a matter of waiting until the paint on the body panels dries so they can be sanded and polished for decaling. This paint seems to be taking an aweful long time to cure I'm begining to think I should have used my airbrush instead of a rattle can. Oh well, I'll work on something else in the mean time. Thanks for the kudos. "Q"
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 01:33 PM UTC
Looking really good Matthew. Paintjob looks clean, smooth and shiny. Decals look great as well, smooth and sharp.

Edit: Hmm, for some reason my reply "landed" ahead of the post to wich I replied.
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 02:30 PM UTC
Rolling into the staging lights.....Getting close with this one. Still need to add some more decals to the nose, do some touch up paint work all around, paint the parachute, and add some fiddly parts, but she's close. Thanks for looking, comments welcome. "Q

_GOTOTOP