_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars: Other Racing
For automotive racing topics not already covered.
Hasegawa Ford WRCs
mazyen
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 112 posts
Auto Modeler: 27 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 11:34 PM UTC
Hi All,
Seems rather quite on the forum front, therefore I decided to post my 2 completed Hasegawa Ford WRCs for all to view & share my experience.

The ’03 Finland Rally winner was built straight from the box with the tyres replaced with those from Tamiya as I found the kit’s tyres too narrow. Lots of shaving has to be done on the wheels to get the correct offset though.

As for the ‘05 Monte Carlo version. “Renaissance” bumpers, suspension, wheels & tyres set were used. The resin bumpers were uneven, untidy & requires lots of clean up. As for the wheels they are not even round!!!!!!! These were then replaced with Tamiya’s 206 wheels, therefore 5 bolts instead of 4. Missing bars were also added to the roll cage.
The Reji decals were hard & brittle & the green decals were crumbled & destroyed by the softener.

Enamel paint was then mixed & sprayed on but upon drying was found to be of the wrong tone. Vallejo yellow was then mixed with a dayglo green poster colour as suggested by my 7yr old which work out fine. That is, until I apply the “Ultimate” decals. The wet job dissolved the green paint! Result, a slanting decal as it has started to break up & not advisable to remove. The green was then touch up by brush & clear coated.

So, remember to clear coat any poster colour mix before a wet job is done on it.
Comments are welcome & do you think I should dirty up the cars?
Cheers

Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 07:09 PM UTC
Your two Fords look great. To dust or not to dust. It would be a shame to dust up a good looking car, then again it will make it look more life like. Perhaps one dirty car and one clean
Thanks for sharing.
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 03:43 AM UTC
Nice work on both of your rally cars, i like the 05 one it looks more agressive, maybe just a little dust for your weathering don't want to cover up all those decals.
Snowhand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Auto Modeler: 234 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 06:59 AM UTC
They look excellent as they are, so why dirty them up?

Then again.. rallye cars should not be clean! If you're driving a clean rallyecar, you're standing still
 _GOTOTOP