_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars: Other Racing
For automotive racing topics not already covered.
Volvo 850 BTCC build
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Auto Modeler: 76 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 - 02:41 AM UTC
I built this over the last 4 days or so as part of a challenge build my local club is having. It was supossed to have been a 2 week challenge build , but seeing as I am leaving soon for the IPMS nationals in OH, it left me with just a few days to build it. It is the Tamiya kit (Only one I know of) of the Volvo 850 Saloon BTCC. I bought the kit off of ebay and the kit decals were totally destroyed along with a warped body shell. I found an aftermarket set also on ebay, and while the quality of them isn't great, they worked out. There were no placement instructions with them either so I had to go by a couple of pics I found online of the actual car. I intentionally left off some of the decals as the car got to a point where I liked the look of it as is. The actual car in the photos I found had silver wheels, but I liked the look of black, along with the black mirrors and door handles. It is painted Tamiya Italian red, but looks orange in the pics for some reason. This is the first car I have tackled in a couple of years. Felt good to be building something shiney again.
Thanks for looking. "Q"

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
Auto Modeler: 64 posts
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 - 02:22 AM UTC
Nice build Matt ! nice to see you do something different then winged thingies and armor .

Thanks for sharing
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 - 02:33 PM UTC
Thanks for the kudos Terri. I have an entire couple of shelves devoted to things that go fast and have colorful paint schemes.. lol Its a nice break from all things OD or that carry bombs and rockets. Thanks again, "Q"
tuff13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 144 posts
Auto Modeler: 14 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 03:17 PM UTC
Matt,Cool looking ride,and a hot looking color. I like the way its setting just waiting to take a high speed road course on.Im in the same mood as taking a break from building armor and building a truck that Ive posted here.Good to spread the tallent on somthing different for a change a it shows in an Awesome car.
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 04:05 PM UTC
Thanks for the kind words Jeff. I'm digging the break from all things OD at the moment. Currently working on a Pro-Street Thunderbird. Just shot everything with primer and waiting for it to dry. Should prove to be an interesting build once completed as the body color is anything but conventional. You'll have to wait for pics though as it is a surprise....
Thanks, "Q"
 _GOTOTOP