For customized car kits and projects.
leaf spring lowering tips anyone?????
beans1989
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 32 posts
Auto Modeler: 28 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 03:13 PM UTC
hey guys i have another question im wondering on how i can lower leaf springs and susspesions in genral if anybody has nay tips id shure appreciate them im wondering be cause im builing a 69 mustang mach 1 fro a group build for the club i belong to and i wanan builed a slamed custom version of wut a teenager of today would would do with one
KoSprueOne
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Auto Modeler: 851 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 05:43 PM UTC
Is this the Revell or the AMT kit?
type of wheels that will be used?

beans1989
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 06:25 PM UTC
it is the old revell amigo pack mustang mach 1 the one with the checkrad decals either im using the stock tire treads with american racing wheels or the bigger wheels and tires that are optional in the revell boss 429 kit
straightedge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Auto Modeler: 100 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 07:41 AM UTC
I don't know but if yours is like all of my Mustangs then all the leaf springs are already mounted to the axle and the only way I would know to lower them is by hot water to warp them the other way or at least flat and if that hasn't worked I don't know what to tell you to do because that is the only thing I can think of to do just be careful and don't get the water to hot.
patncori
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 84 posts
Auto Modeler: 9 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 09:58 AM UTC
Not sure of your kits parts, you could put "blocks" UNDER the rear axle to get it further up. You also need to keep test fitting, as the wheels move upward, the clearance needed to tuck them under the fenders might cause you to bring the wheels inward (you might even have to grind some material on the inner fender walls for clearance)...go as low as you can, the stance will really look nice. I did this on a new camaro concept, and it turned out great, really looks good next to a "stock" height one...
beans1989
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 11:47 AM UTC
hey guys thanks im gonan try the hot water tip but any ideas on how to lower the front end due to i was jsut looking thru it agian and the fornt wheel pins are molded to the chassis i was thinking carefully cutting that picec off and just using some evergreen flat sprue and glueing it up into the wheel well more
beans1989
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 01:05 PM UTC
hey guys the hot water trick worked amazing but gonna do it agian see if i can get it even lower and for the front my idea worked im thinkig of a cut trunk with some kind of sound system im gonna post up a build page on here hope to hear ur comments the first pics should be up by tommrow or saturday
KoSprueOne
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Auto Modeler: 851 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 03:11 PM UTC
Great, I'd like to see a build log on this project

beans1989
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 04:36 PM UTC
kosprueone im gonan try my best o have build pics up as soon as i can
beans1989
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2010 - 01:43 PM UTC
hey guys sorry this project os off the work bench till i get the new front clip shpied in from revell de to its way to warped gotta love the yard sale finds and also missing a engine block half also coming in from revells missing parts program
straightedge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Auto Modeler: 100 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 12:30 AM UTC
Now all I got is a 1970 Boss 429 Mustang and on the front suspension it has the front end is all solid with two plastic hubs to put your wheels on to it, so if yours is made by Revell then yours should be the same I would think and if this is so. The only thing I can think of is if you could glue in some kind of narrow flat plastic in behind them two hubs that sticks up a little bit higher this way when you cut them hubs off you can glue them back on to the plastic you glued in behind to lower your front end more.

Do you catch what I mean Brett?

beans1989
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 12:07 PM UTC
i hear wut ur saying thats eaxacly wut i did but decidined not to use the wheels and tires from the kit going for more of a time attack loofk for the car so i orederd some aoshima volk te37 18 inch wheels
 _GOTOTOP