Cars: Custom
For customized car kits and projects.
Revell's 49 Merc
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Auto Modeler: 217 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 - 07:52 AM UTC

Here is the Revell 49 Merc. I got the engine, chassis, and interior done. will be starting on the body paint soon.

old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 - 11:38 AM UTC
Sweeeeeet..ya gotta love a good lead sled! What's the motor...ford?{427fe block?}
What grill are you gonna use{love the desoto look}I don't remember what options they give you for that kit.
Like the reversies...but a nice set of hubcaps or moonies always looks good too...
KoSprueOne
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Auto Modeler: 851 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 - 03:54 PM UTC
yeah, I'm seeing wires and plumbing in the engine compartment.
paint and detail on the interior look clean too

animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 03:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sweeeeeet..ya gotta love a good lead sled! What's the motor...ford?{427fe block?}
What grill are you gonna use{love the desoto look}I don't remember what options they give you for that kit.
Like the reversies...but a nice set of hubcaps or moonies always looks good too...

I am using the Desoto grill. My favorite used to be the chrome reverse with baby moons.
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 03:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

yeah, I'm seeing wires and plumbing in the engine compartment.
paint and detail on the interior look clean too

Thanks. I am trying to get more detail as I get comfortable with building the shinny stuff again.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 11:31 AM UTC
Hey, your doing well....while armor is fine, there's far more out there that can be built too...if ya try it. For me there's only so many tigers, panzers and shermans that can readily be built before they get boring{well, that's me}.

Now, here's a tidbit to toss at ya...take some sand paper or a sanding stick and sand the treads on those tires{or the next build} to give them a used look. Especially on slicks. It'll help loose the center flash ring too...my 2 cents for what it's worth...
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 02:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey, your doing well....while armor is fine, there's far more out there that can be built too...if ya try it. For me there's only so many tigers, panzers and Sherman's that can readily be built before they get boring{well, that's me}.

Now, here's a tidbit to toss at ya...take some sand paper or a sanding stick and sand the treads on those tires{or the next build} to give them a used look. Especially on slicks. It'll help loose the center flash ring too...my 2 cents for what it's worth...

I totally agree with you. I got really burned out on the military stuff. It was getting to the point that I could build a gun truck in my sleep. No challenge. The shinny side has a lot more choices and styles.
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 10:55 PM UTC
So it is a Mercury you're building. I took a look at your "What is my next project" thread, but wasn't really sure what it was.
Looks great so far.
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 - 03:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So it is a Mercury you're building. I took a look at your "What is my next project" thread, but wasn't really sure what it was.
Looks great so far.

Yes it is the Revell 49 Mercury. It is a great kit with no fit problems. I have enjoyed building this one. the body paint is almost done.
 _GOTOTOP