60's & 70's Classics
Mustang GT
miamiknsfan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 18 posts
Auto Modeler: 3 posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 - 11:03 AM UTC
I just got back into modelling after a hiatus and this is the first car I have finished. Its the Revell Germany Mustang GT built as my personal car. This was a 1st for me in many areas including custom decals, evergreen plastic, engine wiring, and using my new Harder & Steenbeck airbrush. I borrowed the wheels, stutbrace, and intake from the mustang bullitt kit. Worked on the intake to make it into a K&N. Wired the engine and tuner in the window to match my car. Also added straight pins for my hood lifts. The hood stripes were done with left over striping from my actual car. I made the side decals and sponsor decals under the hood on the computer. The Plenum cover is evergreen with a decal applied to match my car. Its my first car so it has a few flaws but it is a learning experience and I like it.

miamiknsfan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 - 11:04 AM UTC
Another pic.

PorkChop
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Auto Modeler: 18 posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 - 05:59 PM UTC
Looks pretty nice.

Must have been sorta sweet having a 1:1 scale reference in the driveway to work with!

How does the kit's stance match up with the stance on your (1:1) car?
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 - 06:38 PM UTC
Looks great Scotty, beautiful work !!
miamiknsfan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 04:33 AM UTC
I played with the suspension so the stance is quite similar. I found that in the kit the engine sets back farther in the engine bay than the real thing. Like I said I used teh Bullitt kit for some odds and ends that I think should be inlcuded with the normal GT kit namely the wheels and a plenum cover. Where I live the Mustang Gts all have bullitt wheels not the spoke wheeels. As far the decal system through trial and error I found you really have to print in a darker shade for them to come out right.
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 11:19 AM UTC
Looks pretty good Scotty. More pics please
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 05:04 PM UTC
Looks very nice Scott...I don't see any flaws at all. Nice build....seems you didn't forget anything while you were gone!

I have the GT-KR and the GT-H kits that need to get built someday...got a set of reliable resin's quarter window scoops for the cause...I like how the H gets the rear quarter side scoops but I also like the KR's front end and engine.
bulivyf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 2,450 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 06:44 PM UTC
Very good job. Congratulation. I'd like so we built Roush Stage2 Supercharged and my GT (427R clone)
Miloslav
 _GOTOTOP