_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars: Other Racing
For automotive racing topics not already covered.
detailed photos/technical drawings
Wolf-Leader
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 1,225 posts
Auto Modeler: 14 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 07:28 AM UTC
Hello again. Well first of all I would like to know if going to the shinny side might not be what is all cracked up to be. I had posted a question about a sprint car model and wanted to find out where I can get 1/18th scale decals,but for some reason nobody that I have talked to has any Idea on where to get decals for my model,very aggravating.
Ok enough said now I have some more questions on the subject of the infamous 1/18 scale sprint car model.I would like to know if ANY of you guys can tell me where I can look at or obtain detailed photos and or technical drawings/blueprints so I can start building this model. Detailed meaning,I have the chassis and wings now with some help I want to start working on this kit as if I was building the actual vehicle.Do you understand what I am trying to explain to you guys? I think that this kit is big enough so that if I wanted to start on the brake lines,I could do that just like the real car!
Please help if you can,thank you!
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 10:26 AM UTC
Some subjects just aren't so easy to find info on thru the web...like a german WWII armored train. Your sprint car might not be too bad, so may I suggest this approach;
-try a search thru bing or google on "sprint car pics", "sprint car chassis", or "sprint car blueprints" and see what it tosses you. I've actually found some interesting things thru all or any patent sites in the way of drawings and the like but sometimes you have to be pretty specific in what your asking for.
-maybe a specific race team inquirery may help but I could see some protected black arts of suspension set ups that they may not want to share.
-if all else fails try taking a different scale sized subject, take alot of measurements, and scale up or down per your needs.
-as for the decals try a search for that too, but if that fails try afew different sources for your 1/18th scale needs...since a given guy might make 1/25th scale decals for your car said person might scale them up for a slight add on fee...worth a try. I needed some batman type decals for a batmobile parachute pick up service van I'm making ans asked JBOT if he could do them - he did, but I had to pay an added set up fee to do it...I took one for the team and paid it.

Some subjects are just a P.I.T.A. to find good specs, drawings or usable info on...I've been trying to obtain the above on a '62-'64 shasta astrodome trailer so I can make one in 1/24the scale....I got barely got enough to do my project but more would've been real nice.
Don't give up.....
casper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nelson, New Zealand
KitMaker: 395 posts
Auto Modeler: 107 posts
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2011 - 12:36 AM UTC

Not sure what kit you're talking about !.
Anywho - can't remember if there's any sprint car plans/drawings amongst this lot but should keep you amused for a while or seed some ideas for the future ,

http://www.vsrnonline.com/Mags/MC/MC_Plans.htm

As Bob says, just keep searching - the info is out there .
 _GOTOTOP