Tankie needs help the eleanor
spoons
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 527 posts
Auto Modeler: 3 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 12:35 PM UTC
Hi gas heads(petrol heads here in uk)
I normally build tanks but got bit by the Eleanor bug, I was wandering if there's a replacement 73 mustang hood without the ram air intakes?
DaveCox
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Auto Modeler: 231 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 06:55 PM UTC
Eleanor was a 1971 Mustang with a '73 grille fitted in the original film. In the 2000 remake, she was a '67 car (according to Wiki)

There are quite a few '67 kits from Revell(Monogram reissue)and AMT, but the only '71 that I know of is from Lindberg. To use the version of this kit that I built you'd need to replace the wheels and grille as Lindberg issued the kit as a hot-rod 'Stang. Body isn't too bad though. As for the bonnet, I've run a quick check through my 17car Mustang collection and no others would fit - you're down to using plastic card and filler I'm afraid!
spoons
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 527 posts
Auto Modeler: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 10:24 AM UTC
Thanks dave for the heads up i always loved the 71-73 mustang,when i first passed my driving test i drove a capri (as close to a mustang as i could afford at time)i grew up watching the original gone in 60 seconds, cages film is not bad but i prefer halicki's.
Will post some pics when i start the bonnet surgery!
vonHengest
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Auto Modeler: 40 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 02:08 PM UTC
The Capris were fun cars, I always enjoyed seeing them. I dig the 71-73 Mustangs as well, although the fastbacks present a real challenge when trying to look out the rear window. Good weight on the rear wheels though. Looking forward to your build Stephen.
 _GOTOTOP