_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars: Muscle Cars
60's & 70's Classics
Combining '66 Chevelle wagon & '70 Chevelle?
DUKWsinarow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 124 posts
Auto Modeler: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 06:05 PM UTC
I've long wanted to restore a 1970 Chevelle/Malibu Wagon (Nomad/Concourse/Estate) 'sleeper' with a largely 'stock' appearance concealing a 454 and 4-speed. The exception to this car's largely 'stock' appearance will be the addition of the 'SS' package and stripes, in addition to a leather interior and fold-flat seats (non-standard options).

In short, I hope to build a car very similar to the one below;

Unfortunately, I have neither the time, facilities, nor the money to build this project at this time.

Therefore, I'm hoping to build a model of my dream car.

Since there is NOT a '70 Chevelle Wagon available, I was wondering if it would be possible to create a model of this amazing car by cutting the front end off of a 1/25 Revell '66 Chevelle Wagon and attaching the front end from a 1/25 Revell '70 Chevelle 454 (coupe)??? Both of these models appear to have a similar fender seam, which I could cut along, but I wanted to be sure before ordering these models.

Than you in advance.

BTW; I have experience building model trains and military vehicles, but this would be my first, large scale civilian vehicle not built as part of my S-scale (1:64) train layout...
KoSprueOne
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Auto Modeler: 851 posts
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2016 - 09:00 AM UTC
almost but not simple.

The top of the side windows is a little different and the rear tail gate and rear lights are also very different.

Good start kits though. A little work can make a cool project

Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 03:19 PM UTC
Interesting project, but not an easy one to pull off.
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 03:26 PM UTC
My first thought was to cut between front doors and front fenders, being careful not to ruin the windowframe. Haven't tried anything like this myself though.
 _GOTOTOP