Scale truck modeling topics.
1926 Mack AC Dump Truck
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 - 03:45 PM UTC
Here is my latest completed project. It's a 1926 Mack AC dump truck for Rockwell Lime Co. of Manitowoc, WI. This is the Monogram kit built right from the box. I did replace the kerosene tail light with a more "modern" electrical lamp to match the electric headlights, and I had to replace the glass in the windshield due to the kit pieces being gouged.

Jim
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2019 - 01:32 AM UTC
That’s a great looking old rig Jim, lovely work. There is a lot of detail on there and the decals look to have settled really well. How did the kit go together? I’ve seen it at a few swap meets but never seen one built up. Did you take any in-progress shots?

She would be a rough old trip with those solid rubbers!

Cheers, D
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2019 - 01:44 AM UTC
Thanks, Damian.

The kit went together very well. No flash to speak of, and great fit all around. The only build issue I had was the inside of the dump bed was covered with ejector pin marks, so I reskinned it with .010" sheet plastic. Surprisingly, the decals were fine after 30 years. I have to admit that I was a little more that nervous when I started to use them. I did take some in progress shots, but due to storage limitations here in Kitmaker, I didn't upload any. You can find them here: http://phttp://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/138872-1926-mack-ac-dump-truck/ut.url.here

If you see one of these at a local swap meet for a reasonable price, snag it. I can't speak for the tank truck, stake truck, or logger; but I'd have to guess that they would go together just as well.

Yes, the solid rubber tires would make foe a rough ride! AITM in Egg Harbor, NJ, does offer balloon style wheels & tires that are era appropriate. He also offers a back-date kit to make this a 1916 Mack; although neither of them are listed on his Website.

Jim
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2019 - 09:13 PM UTC
Great job James. The dark green is just perfect, for this truck. The Mack Bulldog is such a cool old truck, gotta love it.
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2019 - 10:56 PM UTC
Thanks, Jesper.

Jim
 _GOTOTOP