_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
News
Aoshima: Toyota 86
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Auto Modeler: 105 posts
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2019 - 06:34 PM UTC

Aoshima have re-released the Toyota 86 in two colours as a Snap-Tite kit in 1/32nd scale, and is ideal for a starter kit for the younger generation and beginners.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2019 - 01:12 AM UTC
Looks nice, and a very popular car on the roads here now. At 1/32, the slot car guys will snap this one up.

Cheers, D
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,974 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2019 - 01:17 AM UTC
Andy,
Not my usual choice of scale, nor the fact it's a snapkit, but it does make a great entry model for anyone looking to getting into auto modeling, and maybe some Father/Son time as well.

D, I didn't realize that slot cars were still around. I guess that they moved back into people's basements as clubs?

Joel
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2019 - 02:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

D, I didn't realize that slot cars were still around. I guess that they moved back into people's basements as clubs?

Alive and well here Joel, most of the hobby stores offer a combination of kits, RC and slot cars. The store where we had the '51 Chevy group build has a large 5-slot circuit and a slot drag strip for free use by customers and on the Saturday build days there are commonly 20 racers around the circuit. About half of the store is stock for sale, the other half is open space for tables for build days, 5 paint booths fully equipped for public use, slot cars, train sets, and the back end of a ute converted into a BBQ for sustenance during the extended sessions.

Cheers, D
 _GOTOTOP