_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Michigan Roadtrip Goodies Come Home!
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
Auto Modeler: 135 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 10:21 AM UTC
There’s not much more fun than a road trip, unless it’s a road trip that also includes going to Hobby Shops along the way! A couple of weeks ago, my brother and I ended up doing some “hobby shopping” in Michigan, and it was not without considerable success!

We managed to find all kinds of old, interesting and (of course!) sad car kits that begged to become part of the stash. Being kind-hearted, we of course took them in! Check out this weird mix of everything from MPC Annuals to JoHan promo-kits at the link below!

Don’t forget to vote for your favourite, either!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/cross-border-car-bonanza/

Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,974 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 - 01:04 AM UTC
Adam,
You sure do have a real fondness for the old, & the unusual. Being a Ford guy, I picked the Turbo Mustang over the IMSA style Mustang, as all those brake vents were closed off with black plastic if I remember correctly. Just to much eye candy that only made the local "Men in Blue" take a 2nd look.

Joel
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
Auto Modeler: 135 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 - 09:08 AM UTC
It's funny how the cars that got all gussied up really didn't have much extra in the way of suds, but the "man" certainly didn't see it that way!

I've never really gotten the IMSA look for street cars. I don't really like it on late '70s stuff, and I still don't on tuner cars today. It's a rare flare that gets my thumbs up.

And yeah, I do love the oddballs!
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 23, 2019 - 06:49 PM UTC
T-Top Camaro, uber-cool cruising with attitude!
 _GOTOTOP