60's & 70's Classics
Cuhails 2+2 Finished
Cuhail
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Auto Modeler: 310 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 09:38 PM UTC

Well....blah. I'm not really happy with it. It could be because my back is screwed up again and it hurts to sit in a chair at the workbench and I just wanted to finish it, but, I just can't say this is my best work at all. I got frustrated with clear plastic glue and turned to drops of CA to hold the glass and it fogged a bit. The glass had fit problems to begin with and so the interior didn't sit right at the firewall. Blah blah blah. The engine looks good to me and even though I didn't blow off the model before I took pictures, it still looks okay. The clearcoat ticked me off. Every layer of anything I put on the body needed to be buffed out because a "texture" would appear and dull the paintjob. Just exasperating, I tell's ya!
Anyway, here's the pics I chose to show.

I wound up using 5 mm round glass beads for the headlights. I sanded the silver backing off of each of them and just painted the plastic behind the beads in the bezels. It worked out okay. I did and redid the amber signals 4 times before stopping with what I have here. Meh.
----------------------------------------------

The interior looks good even though the windshield was too big and didn't let the tub sit where it was supposed to. The carpet looks good to me and the piping makes it interesting enough.

---------------------------------------------

Ahhh, my favorite. Engine work. The 421cid engine in this kit is pretty nice. The headers are homemade from solder and fit really well. The aircleaner is from an AMT 65 El Camino.

--------------------------------------------

The best view. Ladies and Gentlemen, Cuhail's 65 Pontiac 2+2.

Thanks for looking!
Cuhail
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Auto Modeler: 203 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 09:47 PM UTC
Looks good Murph.
Take care of the back,
I'm just going back to work Monday,after being out since Feb with a back injury. I know about "not being able to sit for too long, stand for too long, hell just about anything for too long"
Cuhail
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 11:24 PM UTC
Awww, thanks Dave. Yeah, I have a wicked, full-blown case of Sciatica. Top to bottom from my lower back all the way down my left leg to my big toe, with the majority of the pain in my shin and ankle. Holy cow, I'll tell ya. I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy. But, I have a good Chiropractor who will be home from vacation this weekend (Yeah, Karma).

I hope he gets home soon too, because I'm out of muscle relaxants and the Vicodins are making me sick. Being slightly allergic to Codine makes Vicodins no fun like they should be. Meh, what do ya do.

Thanks for the moral support,
Cuhail
slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Auto Modeler: 408 posts
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2007 - 01:42 AM UTC
Nice job. I like the colors and the engine looks nice. Well done.
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Auto Modeler: 112 posts
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2007 - 07:04 PM UTC
Hi Murphy,

I think the car turned out quit allright, specially the headlights and the motor. I also like the color of the car; very authentic. Actually, I find your build inspiring. Have to check my stock if I have any of those 1:24 kits left.
Was it an AMT kit?

Paul

Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 06:16 PM UTC
Nice one Murphy. The engine and headlights in particular turned out very well. I'm quite impressed by your homemade headers.
Cuhail
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 08:04 PM UTC

Thanks all!

@ 007- Yeah, I love trying to make AMT kits look good. I'm actually working on a Revell kit right now. Odd that. I don't really like them as much as AMT even though Revell's molds are crisper. I really think I enjoy the challenge of AMT.

@ Jesp- Keep an eye out. The headers I did for this car will be featured as a How-To in the not-too-distant future here on ModelGeek.

Huzzah,
Cuhail
cb1000f
KitMaker: 386 posts
Auto Modeler: 345 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 03:03 AM UTC
Nice work! I like that color!
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 07:04 PM UTC
Nicw work Murph i to like the color it really stands out, are we going to see another Pontiac for the next kit.
 _GOTOTOP