Sill fiddling with my Mack DM600 and not daring yet to enter the MTO campaign with my Stuka, I started a week-end project.
I bought this Testors 1/24 trailer to display my auto models for photo sessions. As you might guess, the die cast body it's not a marvel of engineering and the plastic parts let much to be desired. On the positives, the build is sturdy and heavy - not too much of a chance to tip it over accidentally.
The paint job is very sloppy with over-spray and runs everywhere and I decided to customize it. I use also the chance to try out my new line of paints from Tru-color, of which I received an ample sample package for review (in parallel with this build blog I'm doing my video review on the paints as well)
The box art:
You can see for yourself on the picture that the wheels are misaligned and the paint is poorly applied (not the best recommendation for a company that makes a living from selling paints!)
I sanded down as much as I could from old paint and I scuffed well the surfaces with fine grit sandpaper, the applied a solid coat of MR. Finishing Surfacer 1500. This primer managed to dislocate my old Testors enamel primer from the top of the preferences
The application went smooth but exposed some areas that still need some work (most obvious the seam line on the interior of the neck triangle).
The plastic parts needed a lot of refinement before priming, but now trey're almost OK and the diamond plate rendition not bad at all... The springs still need couple of touches.
The next step: selective application of TCP 010 Black from Tru-Color range. I'm still working out the final color scheme, but I think I'm going to use TCP 534 High gloss school bus yellow in conjunction with TCP 520 High gloss torch red
I am really curious to see how these paints look like!