Scale truck modeling topics.
Chassis help
rwaldram
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 44 posts
Auto Modeler: 13 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 - 10:21 PM UTC
I wasn't sure if this topic should go into scratchbuilding or trucks, so i just took a stab in the dark and here we are.
I'm scratchbuilding a 1:25 Scale Terex-Demag AC665 mobile crane, it's a 6 axle 250 tonne vehicle that took my breath when i first saw it. I've got ridiculous amounts of reference pics and tech data but i keep coming up short when it comes to the chassis and steering.

I'm looking for pictures (photos or diagrams) of the steering mechanism (twin steering front and rear) and also any wiring that may be visibile. If there are any photos of the cabin layout too as this may come in useful.
casper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nelson, New Zealand
KitMaker: 395 posts
Auto Modeler: 107 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 01:30 PM UTC
Ryan,
An ambitious project - best of luck.
Anyways x-ref your request - the easiest way to get the required info is to contact the local distributor (Brisbane), explain what you plan to do/build and ask for the required info (sometimes they help, sometimes they don't).
If you have photos of previous models that may help sway them to assist.
Otherwises pull up a chair a start trolling
http://spareparts.terex-demag.com/tpss/jsp/index.jsp?target=etk&language=en
it's the on-line parts catalogue for +100ton wheeled cranes.
Best of luck finding the info and for the project.
rwaldram
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2008 - 08:53 PM UTC
Well after a lot of searching and design work i finally got onto this project. I've got the chassis about 90% done and have now started on the body, there are a few resin parts on there from KFS and Auslowe although some of these needed modification and re-casting.

The majority of what you see here is scratchbuilt.
This is the chassis with airlines and suspension fitted

Body started

Engine bay area (the exhaust will go in the empty space on the left of the engine)

and finally standing on her own
rwaldram
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2008 - 08:54 PM UTC
I have dozens of other photos showing every stage of the build, including quite a few showing the ill fated V1 chassis (this one is the V2). If you would like to see more of it feel free to PM me and ask.
 _GOTOTOP