_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
ferrari 308 gtb
Hightower
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 66 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 08:30 AM UTC
Hi guys, I remember years ago building a 308 GTB with an open top but don't rember who made it. Got back into the hobby last year and would like to do another Ferrari. Any suggestions ? I like the open top kits as you can see the inside better. I think the scale is 1:24 ?
Thanks,
Snowhand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Auto Modeler: 234 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 08:43 AM UTC
Revell made the close top kit.. not sure if they did the open top either, or wheather there is an option to make it open top.

However, since the car, with open top, was used in the popular tv series Magnum PI, it would only make sence that such a kit would exist.
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Auto Modeler: 112 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 09:12 AM UTC
The 308 GTB is a close top, the 308 GTS is an open top.

Revell did bring a special Magnum release. It's still available as collectors item at for instance: www.overdrive-shop.com.
I guess it's a rebox from another firm.
Try eBay also!

TwistedFate
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 805 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 09:25 AM UTC
The GTB kit by Revell is still fairly easily obtainable. A little creative plastic removal and you can get very close to a GTS version.

And for the record TB is always a hard top and TS always designates the Targa top version in Ferraris. I know Paul pointed this out, but it's not limited to the 308. It holds true for every Ferrari I have ever seen.
 _GOTOTOP