Scale motorcycle modeling topics.
1/9 HD Soft Tail WIP
turrettoad13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 607 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 12:46 PM UTC
Well I got this one back out this week .I started this kit in April , so it has been in limbo for a while . I'm bad about going from one thing to another . I'm repainting the tins and I am going to try and white wall the tires .I did a wash on the inside of the head light and the side lights to make the lines stand out . Once I quit dragging around it went together pretty quick . More to come later , Toad .

slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Auto Modeler: 408 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 11:01 PM UTC
Nice job, I like the different shades of silver/chrome on the front end and in the engine.

Well done. I'd love to see this completed.
bsoder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 142 posts
Auto Modeler: 101 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 06:05 AM UTC
Well I hope you finish it up, I'd like to see it completed your detail work is excellent
Tarok
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Auto Modeler: 97 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 08:44 AM UTC
Hey Carlton,

Nice work. Is this the Revell or the AMT kit? Or neither?

There's a rather nasty seam line running down the left front shock in pic 3 (on the right shock as we see it) - dunno if that should be there.

Are you planning a funky airbrush design on the tank?

Rudi
turrettoad13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 12:25 PM UTC
Thanks guys , its the Testors / Lincon Mint kit . I was going to do a two tone paint job red w/ white , but I had a lot of trouble getting the masking right . So I striped it after these pics were taken . For now the tins are painted gloss white . More to come later , Toad .

turrettoad13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2007 - 12:49 PM UTC
Today I tried airbrushing the white walls . It looked good untill I streched the tires back on the rims . It wrinkled them up pretty bad . So after a bit of fuming I got over it and brush painted the tires . I went back with the original red for the tins . So this is how it looks for now . I still have a bit of touching up to do in a few spots and add a few more things as well . I'm thinking about 2 more weeks and it might be done . Thans , Toad .

slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Auto Modeler: 408 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 12:00 AM UTC
Oh well on the white walls, it would be pretty rough masking them off on the bike. The pictures still look pretty good.

I think I can see that you used two lights to photograph this. If you could I would spread them out wider and add a third overhead light - or - shoot outside.
 _GOTOTOP