_GOTOBOTTOM
The Garage
For general automotive modeling or non-modeling topics.
Revell '49 Merc. my take
bsoder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 142 posts
Auto Modeler: 101 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 06:46 PM UTC
I picked up the new Revell "special edition" '49 Merc. I'm doing the build as a surprise gift for my bro in law, so I thought I'd give a little review here for anyone interested. First off they have done a fine job on this kit providing a body with a chopped top frenched hd/lites and 2 tailite options, they provide 2 styles of "skirts" and several different bumper/grille choices. You get 2 sets of tires&wheels and an excellent decal sheet inc. both black and white face guages flames etc. Their are a number of mold lines where they (I assume) modified the molds but they are no problem to sand out with a little #600 S.paper, a small price to pay for not having to chop it yourself! the chassis floor pan/interior are seperate buildups and are very well done, the motor is decent it's some sort of tri-carb ? but it looks OK especially with a little detailing. I was over at the MCM forums and theirs about 4 great looking different builds of this kit being done so I hope Revell is taking notice that the response to this kit is extremely favorable I would highly recommend this to anyone with an interest in a cool subject!! I'm posting some W.I.P of mine below,feel free to post any questions.Brian
bsoder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 142 posts
Auto Modeler: 101 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 06:48 PM UTC

Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 08:02 PM UTC
Your 49 Merc looks really cool Brian. Engine details, interior and body work looks really great.
Thanks for the little review. Much appreciated.
 _GOTOTOP