Scale truck modeling topics.
Farm truck in progress
turrettoad13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 607 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 10:36 AM UTC
When I was a little kid my dad had a old beat up green GMC that we called the farm truck . I havent thought about it in a long time , untill I looked at the ERTL / AMT 1972 Chevy truck .It reminded me of that truck . I really dont know what year the green truck was , so I'll be scraping / grinding the trim offf of this one to back date it . I'm going to build it after it had been it's last mile , forgotten and left in the corner of a field and rusting away . I'm really thinking about placing it just below my favorite tree that I used to deer hunt from . This is just a dry fit to get a look of where I started on this one . I'll dig up some pics of the original truck and post them after I scan them . I have to give Zod credit for the spark for this build , he was looking for a El Camino to rust out a while back . Thanks for looking , Toad .

This is a pic of the spot , the down arrow is where I'll be placing the truck . The X is where my old deer stand used to be and the red is where a fence used to be also .

I poured the start of the base a few hours ago and I raided the kids toy box as well . I am going to add a deer to the scene sneaking along the fence . He looks a little to tall , but he is a old buck . It looks like the fence posts are a little to tall , I'll give them a trim . The black X is where I'll put the tree . Thanks again for looking , Toad .

KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Auto Modeler: 112 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 09:28 PM UTC
You are building a youth memory in model! That's allready a great idea by itself.
The base and setup looks good.
This is gonna be a very interesting project; I'm gonna follow this one closely.

Paul
slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Auto Modeler: 408 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 10:11 PM UTC
Good start and it's a great idea, can't go wrong.
You're right on the size issues. Did the fence wrap like you have it? That seems like it would go straight across to me (but hey I never climbed that tree).
turrettoad13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 607 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 12:26 PM UTC
Well mom found a side shot of the truck , it is all green with a white top . So I sanded off the trim and painted over the white on the sides . It is still dryfitted , thats why it's off kilter a bit . More to follow , Toad .

calvin2000
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 886 posts
Auto Modeler: 8 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 03:12 PM UTC
My grandfather drove a GMC of the same year. Light blue 3 speed overdrive straight 6. Now I want one............
 _GOTOTOP