_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Scale
modelfreak24
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 80 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 03:09 AM UTC
what is the best scale to model nascar
matt
Staff MemberGroup Build Administrator
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Auto Modeler: 160 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 03:39 AM UTC
1/24 and 1/25 are the predominat scales in Plastic models....... you can get Diecast in 1/64 1/32 1/24 1/25 and 1/18... maybe more..............
okdoky
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,597 posts
Auto Modeler: 63 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 03:43 AM UTC
Hi there

I suppose the best answer to that is to check first what kits are available in which scales. I know that 1/24 scale has a good range of plastic and die-cast kits and ready mades.

Also if you want to display them in glass shelves, as a collection like my mate does with his rally car and sports car collection, you might want to stick to just one scale, but then check on what aftermarket kits and decal sheets are available to tweek the kits that are available in that scale. Rab does some stunning rally cars and the aftermarket for decals is great in 1/24.

I am sure you would get a very nice line up dio of a sprint to the line on a sloped track and back-drop stand in 1/24 scale if you took the length of say two cars in.

Nige
okdoky
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,597 posts
Auto Modeler: 63 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 03:48 AM UTC
I did a search on Phoenix Models web site putting NASCAR in the search box.

This was their results page.

http://www.phoenix-model.com/PSearchResult.asp?Cartid=10105172-EVEREST-IDZCF35

Hope this helps

Nige
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Auto Modeler: 256 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 07:51 AM UTC
Hello Jordan,
Well the best (popular) NASCAR kits to build are the 1/25 and /25th kits. The best ones out are the Revell/Monogram and AMT. out of the two I say go for the Revell/Monogram ones. The are the better sets, great detail and larger choice of cars and drivers, and the bodies are pretty accurate. Today there are many aftermarket details set out that will cover from bumper to bumper along with plenty of decal sheets and paints.

There are no kits out that have the C.O.T. (Car of Tomorrow/ Today) set up. I’m confident that we will see one sometime early next year or something in aftermarket.

Here are a few links that my inspire a future build….

Model Car Garage

Slixx

This is a great site...look around.
Mike's decals

Mr. NASCAR

Randys NASCAR

NASCAR modeling forum

These are just a few, I know I'm missing some of the bigger ones. Hopefully James will look in and give a few links.

Oh yeah...there are some 1/32nd NASCAR cars out, made by Monogram. They are very simple, low detail, stick-on decals and snap-together.

Joe
 _GOTOTOP