_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
1/24 Volvo F610 Veenman of Rotterdam NL
okdoky
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,597 posts
Auto Modeler: 63 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 02:00 AM UTC
Thought you might like to see one of my first 1/24 truck models finished and appeared in TMW in 1993.

The cab and cut-down chassis came from the ITALERI fire ladder kit. Wheels were from a 1/32 scale Volvo F16 4x2 Tractor cab.

The tail lift came from the ITALERI truck accessories and was chopped about a little to match the real lift

The box body was scratchbuilt using plastic sheet, strip and timber veneer for floor and wall tie rails

Chassis had air suspension scratch built and cardboard boxes carrying photocopiers formed using manila envelopes cut and folded with handwritten writing and signage.
Pallets made from timber strips with one box shrinkwrapped onto a pallet using clingfilm and placed in a heated oven very briefly.

Letra-set used for signwriting and Dutch numberplates, and cab was adorned with scale flags, magazines from Truck Model World, Michilan men from ITALERI accessories, and scratchbuilt juice bottles, flask, sandwitches, etc.

Hope you like

Nige
okdoky
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,597 posts
Auto Modeler: 63 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 03:52 AM UTC
The real truck my brother drove in Holland in 1987,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and me with no grey hairs. My brother is the short ass on the right .

Henk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Auto Modeler: 16 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 04:17 AM UTC
OMG

Memories, memories.

Great build Nige, and the addition of the scratch build accessories is superb.
I started my own driving career shortly after those pics where taken, in the Netherlands as well. I even had the (dubious) pleasure of driving an F6 for a parcel company for a while (HTS from Enschede). No problems with it on a regular night run, until they gave me a one year and three days old Merc because the Volvo was in for servicing. That same night I was broadsided by a drunk driver, causing my truck to overturn... But that is another story....

Thanks for sharing Nige.

Henk
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 12:21 PM UTC
Great build Nige. Love the scratchbuild pallets, cardboarboxes etc. They really bring this model to life.
 _GOTOTOP