_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
1/24 Snowie DAF 95 4x2 and Lowloader
okdoky
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,597 posts
Auto Modeler: 63 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 05:22 AM UTC
Hi there

This 4x2 Tractor is built using the two Italeri DAF 95 kits, one to get the right hand drive stearing, and the other to get the spoilers.

Tractor chassis was shortened and scratchbuilt air suspension and anti roll bar arrangement

Low loader is the Revell kit with scratchbuilt width extension plates and tie down hooks. Working springs added to the ramps.

Scratchbuilt aircleaner and smokestack support added

Signwriting is a mixture of rattlecan spraypainting with homemade stencils and using lettraset over pre painted red areas on the front and then painting the silver. Then to mask off silver signwriting with lettraset while overall red colour added. Then adding blue shaddow lines painted by hand

Fuel tank was a special made for me by Howard Whitehead of KFS

The photos were taken with the model on the roof of my car with the Ochil Hills in the background

The real truck in the Snowie Yard under the Ochil Hills with a tanker full of cow s*** to take to the fields for spraying (maybe a future tanker project)

This company has since changed name to Oran with nice blue trucks and are still heavy into waste and recycling

Hope you like

Nige
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 07:36 AM UTC
Nige,

Nice DAF, and nice dio. You really seem to be able to crank these out.

Is this for the Campaign?

Jim
okdoky
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,597 posts
Auto Modeler: 63 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 07:56 AM UTC
Hi there

Fraid I can't really use this for the campaign as this is one of my builds that has been completed for a while. Cause my shed is in an uproar with moving things to fit spray booth and other stuff still to get, and I have no gas to heat it, I resorted to posting pics of my previous builds.

My build rate is a damned bit slower than most folk on here. It is just I am newbie to posting my builds online.

Nige
Nige
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 12:09 PM UTC
Very nice build Nige. This model must be huge. 3 feet or more?
Thanks for sharing
 _GOTOTOP