Scale truck modeling topics.
Keep On Trucking Camp. Offer
slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Auto Modeler: 408 posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 - 02:34 PM UTC
I've just looked through a number of cool entries in this campaign and would like ot offer/ask a Photo Feature of all the entries.

If you could take two or three photos of your kits against a solid background (no workbench shots) I can create a composite Model On Display feature for them all.

PM me and let me know what you think.
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 - 03:38 PM UTC
Scott,

Interesting idea. I like it. What type of background do you prefer (white, lt. blue, doesn't matter)? Should we email the photos to you or post them in the Campaign Gallery? What is the size limit of the photo?

Jim
slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 - 04:08 PM UTC
The color of the background won't matter, blue or white either will do.
The photos for the Feature should be emailed to me [email protected]

The size will ultimately be 800 pixels on the widest/tallest length. If you don't have a software tha adjusts image size don't worry about it. I'd rather have a large high quality (resolution) image vs. a smaller lower quality (resolution).

These are above and beyond the Gallery images, so you can do both so the trucks get maximum exposure.
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Auto Modeler: 112 posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 - 08:35 PM UTC
Great idea Scott!
Pictures are comming soon; I still have somne small things to do on the model....
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 02:42 PM UTC
Hey, my work bench was clean{really - "that" was clean....hahaha}.
2 or 3 600x800 pics...I can do that...what views are you looking for? Front/side, straight end shots...top down side.......give me a direction here and I'll shoot it for you...anything for the cause.
I'd hope this truck building thing doesn't stop after the campaign...time will tell. -Bob
slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 03:33 PM UTC
Bob - everyone - ultimately you pick the photos you want to share. My two cents are - a nice 3/4 view, a front/top, a nice side view, a back/top, oh how about any special details: scratch built piece or really killer decal....
Yea - 2-3 photos is a guide not a rule. So if you want to share a couple more I wont complain, and if they are good photos - they'll get used
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2008 - 03:22 PM UTC
Scott, I should have some pics of each for you by this weekend...any suggestions as to what I can use for a backdrop?
slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2008 - 10:57 PM UTC
Bob an easy backdrop can be a sheet or pillow case. Drape it over your cloths washer/dryer or kitchen chair, gives you a backdrop and base.
You can get poster board/sheet at any of the XMarts for about $1 and put a slight bend it it to do the same.

Even if you have a basic nice solid wall with a solid table would do.
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 09:24 AM UTC
Scott,

Are you still willing to do this?

Jim
slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 12:26 PM UTC
I am still willing. I'll have to make sure I can edit on the AutoModeler site. I'll at least put it together and get the gallery going and such.
If you want you can post a photo here, or a thread link to one, or email me the photos and I'll put it together.
 _GOTOTOP