Scale truck modeling topics.
Inside color of a semi
Recon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,571 posts
Auto Modeler: 3 posts
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2008 - 05:38 AM UTC
What color are the inside of a trailer. I just got the AMT Twin trailers and I need to know the color of the inside of trailers.
Thanks
Mike
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Auto Modeler: 256 posts
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2008 - 06:35 AM UTC
Well it really depends on the trailer. Um some will have just ply-wood siding; some will have sheet metal which most often is colored white for lighting purpose. Some trailer are refrigerated which would be insulated panels. Seams on the panels would most likely be in polished aluminum bands. I just did a fast goggle search and found some pics. Good luck with your project.

Joe
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 03:59 PM UTC
Most of the trailers I see come in our factory are wood paneled with aluminum brackets holding them in...add a translucent roof or multi side light domes that let natural light in down the top sides of the trailer. Don't forget the fork lift tire markings on the wooden trailer floor from dirty fork truck wheels...mark two or three paths depending on whether quad or 3 wheeled fork trucks were used...or for both.
FWIW-The containers that come in are a very light grey paint inside no matter what the outside is painted and only one had small light domes added to it{of those containers, all we get are 20 footers on twin or triple axle sliding trailers}
 _GOTOTOP