_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Goodyear "blue streak" tires?
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 08:40 AM UTC
The other night I found a detail master "DM3180-2" wire wheel for big and lil tires rim set. The apckage calls for and is designed to fit the "goodyear blue streak sports car specials found in many monogram and revell street machines and sports cars kits, including the revell 32' ford".
This is an "old" kit and I question if these references for the tires are still available, or can I use newer, easier to find tires?
Yoni_Lev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
Auto Modeler: 339 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 09:48 AM UTC
These tires are still available. The original molds for them date back to the early 1990's, but I think they've been cleaned up a bit since then. Revell's latest '32 Ford sedan has these tires (as well as a set of nice looking K-H style wires), as did the Dan Fink Speedwagon and Revell's original 3-window coupe kit.

HTH.

-YL
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 04:21 PM UTC
Thanks, that'll give me some kits to be able to hunt for.
Yoni_Lev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
Auto Modeler: 339 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 05:18 PM UTC

BTW (and in case you're looking for one) the Dan Fink Speedwagon kit was boxed by Monogram, not Revell.

If you're really stuck trying to find a set of those Blue Streaks and don't want to buy a kit just for the tires, send me a PM. I'm pretty sure I have an extra set in the "tire box".

-YL

old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2008 - 04:21 PM UTC
Thanks for the offer, it's much appreciated. I'll search around here 1st to see if I can find something...
...and tank you again for the info as well! -Bob
 _GOTOTOP