Scale truck modeling topics.
AMT gravel trailer instructions
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 12:07 PM UTC
I happened across a very cheap amt/ertl 3 axle gravel trailer today but have a slight problem..it has the regular "trailer" instructions, but does not have the "straight truck mount" instructions...does anyone have these to scan for me, or can the procedure be explained here easily enough?
Thanks-
autopilot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 29 posts
Auto Modeler: 18 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 03:29 PM UTC
Hey Bob long time no hear. I can copy them and mail it to you if that would help. I have scanner capability but it doesn't work very good. I can copy it and send it to you. You can also go to modeltrucks25fotki.com and they have the instruction sheet there too. jim
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 02:06 PM UTC
Hey jim...how's the phantom? I checked fotki and they had the box art and nothing else. If you get the time I'd appreciate the copy of the straight truck build instructions...I'll pay you for the costs.
How's the ford hauler going?...got any pics to toss up here for us?!
autopilot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 04:41 PM UTC
The phantom had a serious accident and died. Haven't done any modeling lately been in a slump lately. What gravel trailer instruction sheet you needing. If it it the ERTL kit #8020 i can help you on that please verify if that is the one you need. jim
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 03:31 PM UTC
Ouch, sorry to hear that{phantom}...there can always be another....
I have the latest #8628 version...it has the regular trailer build instructions, but I heard there was supposed to be a supplimental instruction sheet that showed how to build the kit as a shorter straight dump kit on a truck chassis......that'd be the one I'm looking for.

When I hit my slump back when{too much armor I guess}, I tried something totally different and it got me back going again.......maybe it's time for something new and different?
autopilot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 04:35 PM UTC
The instruction sheet for the kit 8020 has that and i have that one. I will work on it and try to get it out to you by this weekend. I am waitng for the new reissue of the Revell phantom f-4 c/d model. Several places had it in stock and then sold out again. jim
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 03:19 PM UTC
Thanks, I double checked the instructions I have and it's not there...spose the $20 was still worth it for it.

Don't forget the internet for that phantom kit...you can do a google search on it and see if anyone has a sale or better price on it with shipping. You never know........
 _GOTOTOP