_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
64' Galaxie racer
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Auto Modeler: 76 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 07:13 AM UTC
I'm not sure where this falls into play, but it started out as a promo kit. No engine, bottom screws into the top, add some wheels onto metal axles and viola', finished. I didn't know it was a promo kit until I got it home and opened the box up. Initially I was a little PO'd, but I got over it and decided to do something fun with the kit. Luckily it included the decals, several of them in fact so I have left overs to do another car if I want. I ground out the entire interior with the exception of the drivers seat. Added sheet plastic throughout to flush out a rudementary interior. Tried to do a roll cage but that didn't go so well, so I left it as is. Sanded off all of the trim work and drill corresponding holes for them. Did the same with the FORD logos across the hood and trunk area. I cast my own tires as the kit supplied ones wouldn't cut the mustard. Painted with Tamiya Pure White. Bare Metal Foil used for the window trim. This is the first "Darkside" racer I have in my collection. I'm happy with the way it came out. Thanks for looking.
"Q"

Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 11:02 PM UTC
Very cool model Matthew. You've done a great job on this old beauty.
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2008 - 02:58 PM UTC
Nice work Matthew a very cool race car from an era when they used metal on cars not plastic to bad you couldn't get a roll cage in the interior that would have added to the realism either way it looks good.
 _GOTOTOP