_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Hot Import Nights Campaign Idea....
ejclide
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 150 posts
Auto Modeler: 15 posts
Posted: Friday, October 24, 2008 - 12:19 AM UTC
I know I'm going to be in a select crowd coming out and asking this, but I'm wondering if there is any interest in a campaign with the topic of imports.

In keeping with the ideas of Hot Import Nights (or HIN to us youngsters), Imports could really be just about any asian or european car, BUT, the guidelines would be that it would have to be somewhat modified, or else an exotic. A stock civic just wouldn't do, but I could understand a stock porshce entering the rhelms.

other build ideas could be the nissan z's, GT-Rs, supras, mitsubishi EVOs, Subie WRXs, etc. I won't lie, I go to too many model shows where all I see is kits of 72 and older muscle cars. It's a new day, lets model it!
Hisham
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Auto Modeler: 50 posts
Posted: Friday, October 24, 2008 - 02:54 AM UTC
I'm for any campaign idea that would liven things up a bit on this site. I can't believe there aren't alot more car modelers around!

Hisham
Cuhail
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Auto Modeler: 310 posts
Posted: Friday, October 24, 2008 - 04:43 AM UTC

I am soooooo not an import fan (GO AMERICAN!!!), but, Hisham's right. I'd jump in just to get the site moving. Auto Modeler NEEDS a kick in the pants and a group build is just the thing!

Cuhail
ejclide
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
Posted: Friday, October 24, 2008 - 09:09 PM UTC
I think the site is slow just because it's so new. I think we'll see it grow. I'm going to post on automotiveforums.com. even though it's only a small section of the site, they have a forum specifically for car modeling, and they have a LOT of stuff on there and some pretty amazing modelers.

I submitted a request for the campaign. I'm hoping I did everything correctly. I'd really like to see a group build get started on here as well.
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 02:08 AM UTC
I like your idea to get more people interested you want to consider just doing a tuner car build as that could include some American compact cars like the old Shelby charger from the 1980's the Chevette and i think they made a Monza and Vega also just something to think about.
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 01:12 PM UTC
Eric i still like your idea i think if you included all tuner cars you might get a lot more people invloved but it's up to you, you just don't want to see cars like Corvettes, GTO's Chevells, i have a Honda Civic Hatchback i will give that a try if the campaign goes throuh if not you can just do a group build either way i think i will give it a try. This will be my first tuner car and the ideas are already coming to me.
ejclide
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 01:15 PM UTC
I guess I don't see why it couldn't be tuners in general. maybe we could stick with an auto show type theme? that would encompass any tuner projects, or concepts and brand new models.
 _GOTOTOP