_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Fujimi's Lamborghini Koenig Diablo
modelguy2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 818 posts
Auto Modeler: 78 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 03:56 AM UTC
I ordered this from Squadron when it was on sale because I'd had good experience with Fujimi auto kits but I have to say steer clear of this one. Assembly is mostly by screw-the front and rear facia screws to the body, the seats screw in, the windshield, dashboard......... The doors are meant to open with paper clip looking wires wrapper 'round screws. This means the fit when trying to close them was terrible. Mating surfaces were extremely thin and the plastic didn't seem to be effected by plastic cement. The windshield fit was terrible due to the fact that it is attached with one screw in the bottom center. It barely fit the opening necessitating 2 pieces of plastic sheet inside the top edge for the windshield to set on so it wouldn't fall in. The door seams poped continuously and I'm just happy it turned out decently

Yoni_Lev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
Auto Modeler: 339 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 04:29 AM UTC

It looks mighty nice, considering all the problems you described! Good work.

-YL
Cuhail
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Auto Modeler: 310 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 09:01 AM UTC

Nice build. Looks fast!

Are you glad you broke down and got it?

How's the interior look?

Cuhail
modelguy2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 818 posts
Auto Modeler: 78 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 10:24 AM UTC
Truthfully-no I'm not glad I got it. I'd have much rather got a decent kit with molded shut doors, made to be built as a detailed model. The interior is fine for what you can see of it with the doors glued shut. All the other Fujimi kits I've built have been of a much higher quality and detail level. I'd be better of to spend my $15 on a Revell Ferrari-mind you these Fujimi kits are normally around $30 and while I'll never spend that on a car kit when I spent $15 and saw what I got I still was a bit irked! Their other Lambo I did-the Murcielago roadster was a wonderful kit
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 11:03 PM UTC
In spite of the problems you had, it looks pretty good.
 _GOTOTOP