_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
1960 Ford Starliner
GunSlinger4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Auto Modeler: 2 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 11:29 PM UTC
Hi, I recently started this new AMT kit. the color I chose will be turquoise I might also add a white roof not sure yet. and a black interior.

rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 02:04 AM UTC
wow great work on your Starliner, it looks used but not abused, check the area between the 2 exhaust pipes the joint is still visable (i had the same problem on my kit) besides that the weathering is perfect.
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 02:06 AM UTC
Welcome to Automodeler Peter.

awesome build so far. I would definitely go for the two tone paintscheme.

Looks to be a quite detailed kit. What's your impression of the AMT Starliner?
GunSlinger4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Auto Modeler: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 03:29 PM UTC
I applied a coat of paint to the body. figures I run out of paint! those model master sprays are to small! I'll have to pick some more up on the weekend so I can paint the hood and dash.

Quoted Text

Welcome to Automodeler Peter.

awesome build so far. I would definitely go for the two tone paintscheme.

Looks to be a quite detailed kit. What's your impression of the AMT Starliner?

My impression is that it is a GREAT kit, it comes with 2 complete engines, ones a hot rod version with either two 4 barrel carbs or a 6 pack set up, and the carbs are very detailed! I will be using the spare engine in a hot rod. it also comes with some sweet mag wheels.

rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 04:03 PM UTC
I really like this color on this car good choice, keep posting so everybody can see this one finished.
Cuhail
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Auto Modeler: 310 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 05:23 PM UTC

WOW! I am having a serious time wrapping my head around that being an AMT kit. Crisp molding? Again, WOW!

Then, there's the treatment you're giving it. Awesome job with the contrasts and colors on that undercarriage.

Welcome to AutoModeler, my new friend. I'm a-gonna keep an eye on your builds. Worth watching, IMO.

Cuhail
Yoni_Lev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
Auto Modeler: 339 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 05:40 PM UTC

Very nice build of what looks like a very nice kit. Good call on the color scheme, as well. I've seen the Starliner on the shelves at the LHS, and honestly, I didn't give it more than a passing thought.

Your treatment of the undercarriage is very well done and the weathering is quite realistic. If you want to share some of your secrets, I'm sure the rest of us would appreciate it...I know I would!

Murph: I know you're not happy with AMT's stuff, but some of their more recent kits can be very nice. I agree that their moldings don't seem to have the laser-sharp quality of some of Revell's better offerings, but I think they hold their own in most cases. I'm pretty happy with the Duster kit, and their '68 El Camino is on my all-time favorites list. This Starliner looks like a "must-have", too.

-YL
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 10:54 PM UTC
Great choice of color. Looks awesome.

I once made a comitment, never to buy an AMT kit again. Looking at this kit I do belive I must reevaluate my comitment. The AMT Starliner looks like a must have.
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2008 - 01:50 AM UTC
Guys Peter has done a great job so far on this kit, i to have this kit half way done and it is a very nice good detail good fit and a pleasure to build.
 _GOTOTOP