_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Where to get moonshine jugs?
fantacmet
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 104 posts
Auto Modeler: 8 posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2008 - 02:25 PM UTC
I have an idea for a car, but to put it in context so it doesn't look like a poorly done built, it needs to go in a dio, and to do that, I need either moonshine bottles, or jars to look like moonshine jars. Clear preferably. The boxes or crates are easy enough to make, as is the still.

Also, I've checked Jimmy Flintstone and Scale Equipment LTD, and can't find anything to use for a figure. Lookin for some old codger, with a beard, maybe some ratty clothes, preferably a trucker or cowboy hat. It would be great if he looked kind of decrepit in his stance, and maybe either holding a crate, or drinkin from a jug, or coffee cup(I could make it look like he's tasting the runoff from the still).

The project idea is using the 69 Talladega kit, and doing it up as an old "midnight runner" with all the chrome blacked out, backed up to the still. Maybe opening up the trunk, but probably put a couple of crates of the juice in the backseat instead.
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
Auto Modeler: 522 posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2008 - 03:33 PM UTC
Hey Michael,
Here is a link to a website you might find useful. I've purchased from them a couple of times and they have damn near every accessory you can think of from 1/25 scale toolboxes and toilet paper rolls to microwaves and chicks in bikini's.
They have quite a few of the things (or similar) that you're looking for.

There is a 1 gallon wiper fluid jug that with a little paint touch up would be a perfect moonshine jug.
There are several figures of old men that may be useful.
There is even a replica of a moonshine still.

Heres the link http://www.detailmaster.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=detailmaster&Category_Code=SEL

Hope this helps,
Hermon
KoSprueOne
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Auto Modeler: 851 posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2008 - 04:35 PM UTC
That is a good link to a lot of scale stuff! Thanks.

The figure sounds like one of these:
http://www.megahobby.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3662
The link is just to show you the kit. You may be able to find it cheaper somewhere else.

slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Auto Modeler: 408 posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2008 - 11:24 PM UTC
They wouldn't be that hard to scratch build. If you want the dark glazed bottle with the lighter warp around insulation layer.

Also check the doll house section of places like Michaels or AC Moore, they may have bottles that would work. Or check the 'charm' section of the jewelry area of the same stores. You'd be surprised at what you can find.
Modelbouwerke
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 794 posts
Auto Modeler: 179 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 04:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Also check the doll house section

They can deliver in 1/24 and 1/12 th scale.

Erikssson.
matt
Staff MemberGroup Build Administrator
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Auto Modeler: 160 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 09:35 AM UTC
http://www.larrygscale.com/servlet/StoreFront
fantacmet
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 104 posts
Auto Modeler: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 01:38 PM UTC
I didn't think about the dollhouse section, but that's a good idea.

As for detail master I completely spaced them out.

Ideally I would like to replicate the jugs that they often used on the Dukes of Hazzard show, as they just seem to scream MOONSHINE! Like the old Glass Cider bottles.

As for the still, I plan to scratchbuild that. I love the lore of moonshine, and I know how to make it, and I'm actually looking into obtaining the licensing from the BATFE to setup a small still. Just small amounts for home or vehicular consumption.
 _GOTOTOP