_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Ferrari Testarossa
Loobes
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 409 posts
Auto Modeler: 87 posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2008 - 09:47 AM UTC
Hello Everone.
This is my first post here, as well as my first ever model car

Hope you like it

Loobes
Snowhand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Auto Modeler: 234 posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2008 - 09:50 AM UTC
Looks good, but may I recommend one or two clearcoats over the red lacquer Or try the Tamiya polishing compounds.
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
Auto Modeler: 522 posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2008 - 04:50 PM UTC
Yep, a coat of clear will shine her up very nice. Maybe a black wash to enhance the hood panels, door jams, grill, etc.
Looks great though. Nice job!

Hermon
Yoni_Lev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
Auto Modeler: 339 posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2008 - 06:46 PM UTC

In general, this looks very good for your first build. I agree that a clear coat would be a nice addition to the paint, since it looks quite flat (lusterless) in the photos.

One other pointer, if I may: spend some time on body prep before you paint. It's not fun work, for the most part, but it makes a big difference in the look of the finished model. Take your time and be sure to remove mold lines, flash and other body bugaboos with a file, sandpaper and/or an X-Acto knife. Fine steel wool also works well for smoothing out small imperfections. On your build, there are two mold lines on the tops of the rear fenders that are quite noticeable, and some time spent fiddling with the engine hatch would probably result in a better fit. Remember that attention to the "modeling basics" can really make or break a build.

Other than those two little faults, I think the Testarossa looks quite nice. Good work!

-YL
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2008 - 11:41 PM UTC
Very nice first effort Lewis. Hope to see many more

Here's a little tip to painting window frames. Quite simple and gives excellent results.
http://www.tamiya.com/english/howto/car1/tip4.htm
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 01:36 PM UTC
I think you did a good job overall Lewis better than my first one. Getting a great shine on a model car will give a much better look but i would rather get the basics down first like seem removal, careful trim painting and body panel fit again you did a good job keep building and posting i will look for your next build.
 _GOTOTOP