_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Wooohoooo! another AAR Cuda'...........
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Auto Modeler: 256 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2009 - 05:27 PM UTC
Bob those were keystone rims. Ever since then I used Cragar rims.

Joe
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
Auto Modeler: 522 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 03:06 AM UTC
Dang Joe, thought yours was a 70. That's a 71 in the pic's. The grill alone was worth a gillion bucks. Man that really sucks extra bad.

Hermon
Yoni_Lev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
Auto Modeler: 339 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 06:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The grill alone was worth a gillion bucks. Man that really sucks extra bad.

My thoughts exactly.

Those Kelly Super Chargers sure bring back memories.

BTW, Hermon, the 'Cuda is looking mighty tasty.

-YL
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 03:23 PM UTC
Well here are the finished pic's of my AAR Cuda'. To be honest, I rushed through this one at the end. A couple of weeks is about the limit to my attention span and as of an hour ago I was ready to throw this one against the wall. The end result of the rushing is that there are a lot of little mistakes everywhere. The gloss coat still isn't 100% dry and only caused more frustration. I couldn't get the foil to stick in a few places so I broke out the fine tip brush and pretty well butchered up some of the trim. If you look close you'll see some WAY out of scale finger prints here and there. Anyways, she's in the display case now and with the right lighting none of the bad stuff will show too bad. Well, it looks better than it did when I first opened the box. Hope ya'll enjoyed my build here are the pictures.

Thanks for lookin' and I promise the builds will get better as I go.
Hermon

PS: Forgot to mention, the kit does'nt look right sitting high in the front so I sawed off the spindles and relocated them about 2 mm higher to give it some rake. Probably about the only thing that turned out the way I wanted it too.
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 01:55 AM UTC
Excellent build Hermon. Paintjob turned out great. I really like your choice of color.
Have you ever tried to give the panel lines/doors a black wash? Easy to do and gives great results.
Thanks for sharing your build.
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 02:23 AM UTC
Great work Hermon the finished product looks good in the pictures, your BMF may be to old if it didn't stick the adhesive may be bad i have had that happen to me try some new BMF. Once again i like the way it turned out.
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 07:23 AM UTC
Thanks Jesper. Yeah, a black wash would be just the thing but I still can't touch it because the gloss coat is still wet. I'll do a wash later on when I'm not bored with it any longer.

Robert, you may have hit the nail on the head. My BMF is the real stuff, not Testors but I've had it hanging on the shelf for 3 or 4 years now. Never thought about the adhesive getting old.

Hermon
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 02:22 PM UTC
Herman you can try the detail master website for BMF they have there own brand and it stuck good and it was thick enough to hold up pretty well, i used it on my Nova SS build.
 _GOTOTOP