_GOTOBOTTOM
The Garage
For general automotive modeling or non-modeling topics.
New Admin/Editor for AutoModeler
TacFireGuru
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Auto Modeler: 359 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2009 - 02:41 AM UTC
Hello folks,

I figured with the new year here, I should probably get this up and let you know that I'm an Associate Editor for AutoModeler.

A couple of things I'd like to point out: 1) I don't have full admin capabilities quite yet, but those are being established, 2) Darren (CMOT) is aiding me in working with photo features, build features, news, and the like. It'll take some time for me to "figure things out," so, please, bear with me, and 3) I'm really looking forward to this....working closely with you folks, building "here," and learning from you...far superior "shiny side" builders than I.

Several of you have already submitted build and photo feature materials; I have your text/photos and will work closely with Darren to get them posted.

There are two proposed Group Builds in the Que (Hot Import Nights & Emergency Vehicle). I am requesting that the GB Lead re-look at the proposals (mostly start/end dates) and suggest new dates (as they've already come and gone [sorry]) if you still wish these campaigns to go forward.

For the moment, the last thing is please, feel free to contact me with your thoughts, concerns, issues, and ideas. I can be reached via PM, my email listed in my profile, or my Kitmaker email ( mike.high AT kitmaker.net).

Looking forward to working with the builders here at AutoModeler.

Mike
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
Auto Modeler: 522 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2009 - 03:49 AM UTC
Hey Mike
Congrats on the promotion. I'm fairly new here but the few people I have seen lurking around here are great guys. If there is anything now or in the future that I can do to help ya out on this new venture feel free to holler. This is an awsome site and I've learned a butt-load in a few short weeks.

Also, I've written a short 583 page summery of what I think you should do here at automodeler complete with times and dates if you want it. just kiddin'.

Hermon
TacFireGuru
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2009 - 08:36 AM UTC
Hermon,

I appreciate the support....damn, there's a lot involved!! Regarding your 583 page "dissertation," by all means, please send it!!

Mike
Cuhail
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Auto Modeler: 310 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2009 - 03:41 PM UTC

Hey, right on Mike. Congrats! I know you'll do an excellent job over here! Once I get that new camera going, you and I will be talking a bit more, huh? I plan on contributing what I can pass on.

Great choice!
Again, Congrats!
Cuhail
TacFireGuru
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2009 - 04:16 PM UTC
You know it Murphy, you know it! Very much looking forward to your continuing contributions!

Mike
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 01:29 AM UTC
Congrats Mike on your new position, you asked for ideas, i would like to see more done with what's new in models cars or the news area like all the Revell Mustangs that have come out in the past few months Shelby GTH, GT 500, GT 500KR just to name a few and i think an upcomong bullit Mustang, just a something to think about.
TacFireGuru
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 03:49 AM UTC
Robert,

I appreciate the input and the PM with the "where to look" information.

Many thanks,

Mike
TacFireGuru
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 12:01 PM UTC
Update for those of you that have submitted material:

Again, apologies for the delay. Linking up with my tutor has been difficult. Working it, but, please, hang tight.

You have not been forgotten tho it may seem that way.

Mike
 _GOTOTOP