Matt's Emergency Vehicle build
matt
Staff MemberGroup Build Administrator
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Auto Modeler: 160 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 11, 2009 - 02:06 PM UTC
Interior...... Taking out one of the seats and I'm gonna put in a open Cabinet for EMT /Paramedic bags

Quick Mockup

mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Auto Modeler: 256 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 11, 2009 - 04:53 PM UTC
Looks like a fun kit Matt, looking forward to the next posting. What marking will you be using...anything local.

Joe
matt
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 11, 2009 - 11:32 PM UTC
I'm thinking I may just do a fictional department. I have someone lined up to do decals for me as soon as I can get him the info. (And what color scheme I'm going to go with)
Cuhail
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Auto Modeler: 310 posts
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2009 - 03:05 AM UTC

Nice build so far, Matt. Being all white, I can't tell if it's all kit, or, if there's some scratchbuilding on that rig. Any modifications?

Cuhail
matt
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2009 - 03:22 AM UTC
Right now there's a mockup to swap out one of the seats in the back of the cab, to a Cabinet. I also removed the binder holder. I'm also going to make the one other sseat (nearest the door) fold up like it should.

No mods on the exterior yet...... I'll be adding some hoses to the bumper. and contemplating a hoseload or maybe doing some NYC style squad boxes.

I'm going to redo the ladder / pike pole rack on the curb side of the truck Still undecided as to what exactly.
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
Auto Modeler: 522 posts
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2009 - 10:50 AM UTC
Man, that's a monster. More plastic than half the kits in my stash.
I've never built a firetruck. Interested in seeing this progress to the end.

Hermon
GenPatton
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 57 posts
Auto Modeler: 1 posts
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2010 - 10:19 AM UTC
Looks good! I am curious though where you got the forklift model in the background...
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Auto Modeler: 217 posts
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2010 - 11:50 AM UTC
Great start Matt. Will be following you on your build.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2010 - 03:50 PM UTC
Hey Matt...you could toss this one in the OTR campaign to button her up...or we could just sit back here and watch the magic unfold.
{you'll most likely finish yours before I finish mine!!! How's that saying go...an unfinished project gets better with age...especially when ya finally finish it! }

...you gonna paint her lime, need welding goggles ta see it, green?!
matt
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 04:00 AM UTC
The nice weather is here.... and I done bought a welder with part of my tax return...LOL and there is a can of "slime green" paint in the workshop....... LOL

not sure when I'll get back to the models.... nice weather means outdoor stuff....
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 03:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The nice weather is here.... and I done bought a welder with part of my tax return...LOL and there is a can of "slime green" paint in the workshop....... LOL

not sure when I'll get back to the models.... nice weather means outdoor stuff....

-Does this mean 1:1 scale models?
-I hear ya on the "outdoors stuff"...I get to scrape, sand, prime and paint all the sofit and facia on our house this year...yippee! I need a right angle carbide tipped paint stripper and some time...lots of time! Add the redo of the bathroom flooring{both} and a new counter top, sink, and faucet for the main bath.
-"Don't do it!"{slime green paint- unless your totally bored with the standard red}.
matt
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 04:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

-Does this mean 1:1 scale models?
-

Yeah I need to get "FrankenKompressor" finished... along with a Mil surplus generator I picked up last November... I need to get around to looking it over, making sure it works, then adding the capability to run on propane to it as well. I need to aquire and modify a few parts so I can maintain the stock parts as well. That coupled with: 2 bedroom remodels, a new dining table, entertainment center, piles of yard work, and a ton of work on my pickup........
 _GOTOTOP