_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Walk arounds for cars?
Uruk-Hai
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 795 posts
Auto Modeler: 9 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 11:55 AM UTC
Hi!

Doing mostly military and historical subjects I do need references for some car project Im working on. Are there any "Walk arounds" for cars?
The cars of my interrest are US from the fifties.

There also used to be a car-site with colour references and options for each year and make. Could anyone link to it perhaps?

Cheers
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 02:22 PM UTC
Hi janne, I've found a google search can help alot, add to that a search of ebay motors "auto liturature" or "brochures" can show details and color charts too.
HTH-
Yoni_Lev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
Auto Modeler: 339 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 05:12 PM UTC
If it's brochures and manuals you're searching for, look no further than The Old Car Manual Project. They have a slew of old brochures and manuals available for viewing in both .jpg and .pdf formats.

For books, be sure to check out Motorbooks International. There are plenty of big book retailers in the US that carry a weird and sometimes wonderful selection of automotive "coffee table" books, but I'm not sure if that's the same in Sweden. You can sometimes find these online at Barnes and Noble.

As already pointed out, Google is a big help if you're searching the internet, looking for pics.

If you can be a bit more specific about what you're looking for - year, make, model - there is a chance that I have some reference info on it, as long as it's American-made. Let me know and I'll see what I can find.

HTH.

-YL

Tarok
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Auto Modeler: 97 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 07:18 PM UTC
It's not a walk around, but I've got pics from a car show to upload as soon as I get my bum into gear... lots of vintage and classic cars...
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 11:02 PM UTC
I have often used Billström car dealer. Theres usually quite a lot of detailed images of the cars on sale.
http://www.billstrom.nu/cars.asp

For those not speaking swedish. For large images click the
"Klicka här för att visa alla stora bilder" button
Uruk-Hai
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 795 posts
Auto Modeler: 9 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 06:44 AM UTC
Thanks for your replies.

What Im looking for at the moment is a 1958 Plymouth Belvedere which I recently obtained.
I intend to do Christine from the Stephen King novell/movie thus making it a Sport Fury.
However this kit could need some detailing.

Cheers
Yoni_Lev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
Auto Modeler: 339 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 03:19 PM UTC

What Fury kit are you using?

-YL
 _GOTOTOP