Scale motorcycle modeling topics.
never know what you find .....
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
Auto Modeler: 64 posts
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2009 - 05:34 PM UTC
While packing things up and going though the junk which seems to collect over time mysteriously , with out warming I might add !

I came across two Revell chopper kit's 1/12 scale . The wicked and Gambler . Both are just crying for more detail . So once I'm all settle into my new place , one will have to be built .
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Auto Modeler: 256 posts
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2009 - 06:58 PM UTC
Your going to love those bikes Terri, they build up nice and look great finished. With a little work you can customize these babys into some wild hogs. Here's the last one I did in November.

The build up can be seen here

I hope to do another sometime soon. Looking forward to seeing yours.

Happy Modeling,
Joe
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 03:02 AM UTC
Thanks Joe ! Your build looks fantastic .
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 - 12:56 PM UTC
Well Joe I went and pick up two more kit's to go with the ones I have now . Can't wait to start building one of these .................................................
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Auto Modeler: 256 posts
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 - 06:02 PM UTC
Sounds great Terri, did you get different kits or doubles. I've thought of doing another myself, this time a bigger rear tire. I have an extra 1/12th car tire I'd like to use, something fat and low.

There are a few real bikes here in Buffalo that were converted using a 60 series tire. Also I like to cut of the swing arm and pin it with a shock.

You know what I just thought that would make a great project...a custom three wheel trike bike.

What do you say...you up to that!

Joe

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 02:05 AM UTC
I didn't grab doubles at all . Pick up the High Roller and Aces wild not very many options with the tanks or ex/pipes . Tins will get reshaped . Nice looking tri , it is different , just not for me .
I would like to place a rotary aircraft engine in one just not sure on the scale size needed for that . I did have a look on OCC web site and there is some really cool choppers giving me a few ideas .
 _GOTOTOP