_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
lincoln
bobman331
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 177 posts
Auto Modeler: 3 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 - 06:25 PM UTC
does any1 know where i can get a model of a 1963 lincoln continental? im making the tank car from animal house.
Yoni_Lev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
Auto Modeler: 339 posts
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 - 05:35 PM UTC
AMT kitted a 1963 Lincoln Continental 4-door hardtop eons ago. It's been out of production for decades, and the kit fetches a premium price...if you can find one.

There is, however, an original AMT '65 Lincoln Continental hardtop on eBay that is under $20. Until the collectors get wind of it, that is.

You can find a re-issue of AMT's 1965 Lincoln Continental convertible 3-n-1 kit fairly easily. The kit isn't a hardtop, and can be built as a stock convertible, mild custom, or custom wagon. It's possible that you may be able to modify the wagon top to give you a basis for the Animal House "tank car". Give the AMT section at Model Roundup a browse.

HTH.

-YL
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 12:37 PM UTC
I have the "prestiges series" of that...it has the same goodies with the exception of the regular hard top...and you get the fake station wagon piece{they never made a station wagon version}.
Grab the new release and scratch a top and you'll be fine.
Me, the top looks ok, but that back section needs to filled in or something...maybe a lincoln ranchero.....
 _GOTOTOP