_GOTOBOTTOM
The Garage
For general automotive modeling or non-modeling topics.
A Bit of a Change
c5flies
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Auto Modeler: 294 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 02:59 PM UTC
Hi everybody,
After doing a great job as a staff member over here on Automodeler, Mike High has decided to ‘retire’. I’d like to thank Mike for all his time and effort he put into the site, and all over the Kitmaker Network, and wish him the very best….hopefully now he’ll have a bit more bench time!

For a while, at least, Rudi Richardson and myself will try and keep things ‘rolling’, getting the reviews and features published, and it looks like Pat McGrath will keep us posted on the news.

Now, down to business……
We ARE looking for new staff members for Automodeler, anybody interested in this volunteer position please contact Jim Starkweather, or any staff member, by email, PM, what have you.

We’re also hoping you’ll be sending in your reviews, build features, photo features, news items, etc. for all to enjoy. Any questions on how to do these, again, just contact us….that’s what we’re here for.

Anyway, I’m going to have a look around here…..and I hope you don’t laugh too hard when I do my first build log of an automobile!
Tarok
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Auto Modeler: 97 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 03:40 PM UTC
G'day Rev Heads,

Firstly a big thank you to Mike for all his hard work in getting AM up and running, and building up the automotive arm of Kitmaker

As I've mentioned to James, what I know about autos is limited to my first auto love: air-cooled VW's and an on-off relationship with F1 But I'm always willing to help where I can and can really appreciate a good build and paint job.

Onto the business end of the spark-plug: as James mentioned, we are looking for content, so if you're up so taking some pictures of sprues (I've seen a few in the fantastic build logs here, so I know you can ) and putting a few thoughts about them down, please send them to us. Similarly if you've just finished a build or even been to a car show recently, send us a few pics and we'll put a display together for ya.

Rudi
RLHoward
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 88 posts
Auto Modeler: 58 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 11:38 AM UTC
I've got a bit of spare time here and there to help out. Just give me a holler!
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 08:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

we are looking for content

I started a review a loooong time ago. I think it's time I finished it
c5flies
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 12:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I started a review a loooong time ago. I think it's time I finished it

I'm sure many would agree with that, Jesper...I know I'm looking forward to it
Tarok
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Auto Modeler: 97 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 01:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I've got a bit of spare time here and there to help out. Just give me a holler!

Thanks for the offer, R.L. Hey, we'd love to feature some of those amazing builds you've got on your website as features here (once you're done of course ). Great site, BTW.

Rudi
c5flies
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2009 - 05:28 AM UTC
Just a note on submitting reviews.....the review submission form can be a nightmare, especially if this is the first time using it, but it is necessary. A very good tutorial on filling it out can be found HERE, with a special note on #19...this needs to be filled in, even with just a few words or letter characters....don't be overly concerned about what you write in that area as we'll compose that section during the editing process.

I recommend cutting and pasting the text body from a word doc., so all will not be lost in case of an 'accident'. And it's also a good idea to send a copy of the word doc. when the images are emailed in. As for the images, we look for a minimum of 800x600...larger would be better.... up to a point! If they are a bit larger, it gives us room to crop if needed.

Hopefully I didn't make this sound like a daunting process...it really is quite easy...and if you do run into any problems trying to submit an article, just contact us
 _GOTOTOP