_GOTOBOTTOM
The Garage
For general automotive modeling or non-modeling topics.
NEWS
Tamiya Release Tyrrell's 6-Wheeler
Tarok
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Auto Modeler: 97 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 01:47 PM UTC
Tamiya have recently announced their July 2009 releases; Tamiya’s recent automotive kit releases include only 6-wheeled machine in F1 history: the Tyrrell P34.

Link to News Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 02:48 PM UTC
Nice. I have the 1/12 Tyrrell P34 on my shelf.

Jim
Bigskip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,487 posts
Auto Modeler: 3 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 01:57 AM UTC
Sorry to split hairs, but it's not the only 6 wheel F1 cars to have been produced.

March 2-4-0 , Williams FW08B & Ferrari 312T6 all 6 wheels as well, but never raced in anger.

Andy
Tarok
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Auto Modeler: 97 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 10:38 AM UTC
Hi Andy,

You are of course right, (in keeping with the split hair theme ) but note I don't say "produced", but rather "F1 history", as strictly speaking the 3 you mentioned were only ever experimental cars, and never entered into a grand prix - so I guess the kwezjun iz: if they were never entered in a race, could they be seen as part of F1 history?

But speaking of strange F1 cars, does anyone produce the Brabham Fan Car in plastic?

Rudi
Bigskip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,487 posts
Auto Modeler: 3 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 10:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Andy,

You are of course right, (in keeping with the split hair theme ) but note I don't say "produced", but rather "F1 history", as strictly speaking the 3 you mentioned were only ever experimental cars, and never entered into a grand prix - so I guess the kwezjun iz: if they were never entered in a race, could they be seen as part of F1 history?

But speaking of strange F1 cars, does anyone produce the Brabham Fan Car in plastic?

Rudi

Rudi

You win

Don't think the fan car has ever been done, would be interested if they ever did.

Made the 1:12 Tyrell (probably badly) as a 13 year old, would love to have a go again, maybe have to do the 1:24.

Andy
CMOT70
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 629 posts
Auto Modeler: 34 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 02:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Rudi

I'm pretty sure that the Fan Car was done by either Model Factory Hiro or Studio-27 many years ago. Chances of getting one would not be all that good, and it would seriously hurt the wallet if you did find one.

Andrew
 _GOTOTOP