Freightliner 2010 Casadia Photo's
BigfootV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,624 posts
Auto Modeler: 216 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 18, 2009 - 04:19 PM UTC
Hey Gang,
As the title says. I've got the photo's, Exterior, if anyone's interested let me know via PM. Interior photo's can be provided also along with motor details and other stuff like that there.

old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 02:19 AM UTC
Me!
Hey, not being a truck driver means I have to ask this....why is it truckers occasionaly carry a tire behind the cab...they seem to be unmounted on a rim as well.
BigfootV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,624 posts
Auto Modeler: 216 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 02:49 AM UTC
Hi Bob,
Hope you got to go to Walcott, IA and see the Truck Show this year.

Anyways, to answer your question, spare tire for drive and trailer tires. 90% of the blow outs we have out on the road happen were just the tire itself is lost. Most companies do this because of cost and it's an easy fix, 15 min. to replace.

It's getting someone out to where you're at that's the pain, Arizona being one area, on I-40. There are the rare happenings that we loose the whole tire and the rim, I.E., Accident with another truck, car, wall, etc. Having a tire on the rim would be stolen quicker also.

One rim can run up to $500.00 or more, then add the $150.00 for a new tire, adds up when look at it. It costs $3500.00 +/- just to put new tires on a tractor, not including rims.

And you thought this hobby was expensive............
HTH.
 _GOTOTOP