_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Trumpter Ford GT40
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Auto Modeler: 116 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 09:26 AM UTC
Hi all.

Has anyone else read the review on Hyperscale of this new kit? Whoever wrote it has no idea of the colours used on the real car and tries to put Trumpeter down because he thinks the colours are wrong. All the research I have done show that the colours Trumpeter have used are 100% correct.

CMOT70
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 629 posts
Auto Modeler: 34 posts
Posted: Friday, July 24, 2009 - 12:22 AM UTC
Hi Warren,

This may seem a bit harsh, but the only thing i find useful about Hyperscale is that it provides some comic relief reading the forums sometimes...and i mean funny in a sad sort of way! I feel they take themselves a bit too seriously over those parts.

I think if you like the subject and are prepared to pay the (admittedly steep) price then buy it and built it.

I'm no expert on those particular cars or that era of Le Mans, but i do remember rading that the contoversial stripes were in fact a metallic white...sort of like a modern day Diet Coke can. From some angles they reflected the light to look silver and from straight on in the shade they looked white. So all them Hyperscalers would appear to all be wrong if that was the case, most of them claiming the stripes to be silver...which is how they looked in most pics- but pics do not always tell the truth, which goes against logic! How the real colour would be reproduced in model form will be a challenge anyway.

As for me i won't be adding it to my collection of 1/12 kits. Not because i think it is bad. The only thing for me, worse than spending money on a model of a Ford would be to spend money on a real one! At least the door handles probably wouldn't fall off the model...

Andrew

viper29_ca
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Auto Modeler: 95 posts
Posted: Friday, July 24, 2009 - 03:54 AM UTC
I brought one into the shop for a customer, as he is a big 1/12 collector as well.

We opened it up before he left and I must say......beauty of a kit!

As far as the markings, the decals did have a silvery appearance to them, however they were more white than silver. Maybe put on a black car, it brings the silver out a bit more, but they looked spot on to me!
 _GOTOTOP