Scale truck modeling topics.
Green Machine
tuff13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 144 posts
Auto Modeler: 14 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 06:39 AM UTC
Ok fellow modelers its been awhile since my last post/build..So here we are doing something a little different like always,but yet my roots of my modeling.That is years ago,I enjoyed building model cars and trucks.As one would know I do have a passion for cars or trucks.So here I'am building a brand that I've never built before.Lindberg,what an experience! Let me explaine.1 there is alot of mold seams,and injection spots to be sanded.2 instructions are not very explandatory.3 when the instructions call lets just say item #8,well thats just fine and dandy cause the parts on the tree have no item #'s.. But otherwise it is a fun build with the ideas and how I want this truck to look. I started with the colors which are Model Masters Lacquer Subline Green and Mystic Emerald. So far I've added a deck to the rear portion of the frame. Cut some of the axle seat off to lower the stance of the rear.The cab,I sanded the rain/drip rails off and the emblems, also cut open the grill.And for the engine.well right now it's still up in the air on what performance package well be added

jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 08:18 AM UTC
Wow! That sure is green. I like the mods you're doing, too. Are you going to make it a Hemi?

Jim
tuff13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 06, 2009 - 08:43 AM UTC
Jim,I'am thanking of doing a twin turbo, or a blown injected Hemi ..Also I might try to suicid the doors.Love to find some chrome rims for it. Would you know of an aftermarket source that would have.Thnaks for looking Jim
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 06, 2009 - 09:43 AM UTC
As far as wheels go, your best bet is probably Sourkraut's Model Trucks - Wheels. Chris sells wheels by Mo'luminum, Plaskit & Kit From Services. I believe the tires in the L700 kit are 10x20, but you could always use other tires as well.

You're on your own for the engine. I know very little about street rods & suped-up cars. The engines Chris sells would be too big for the Dodge. A 600hp Cummins would basically destroy the frame!

Good luck with the doors. I still can't get mine to fit, and I'm just doing OOB!

Jim
tuff13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
Posted: Friday, August 07, 2009 - 09:04 AM UTC
Thanks Jim for the info on the rims. Cool web/site and alot of nice projects..
Yoni_Lev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
Auto Modeler: 339 posts
Posted: Friday, August 07, 2009 - 01:32 PM UTC
FWIW, I think the rims you have on there now look great!

-YL

tuff13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 - 04:46 AM UTC
Well here the Dodge is starting to take roots.Well its had some more modifications.After trying to mask off the fuel tank straps.That way the straps would've stayed green and the tank a metallic black. Sounded good hum? Got all that done got will maybe 8,10 years old Testers can of metallic Black out and sprayed a light coat. Then it all went to hell,paint cracked,had these funky fish looking eyes staring back at me. OHHHH well. Sanded the tanks back smooth. Then went to option B,Body skirts. Should have done that from the get go. So I took a clear plastic cup,cut 2 roll around rear fenders.Attach them to the fuel tank with straight pins and one at the rear spring. Then cut some evergreen styrne for the body skirts. Tried my luck on the cab interior with the flocking ! Didn't turn out as I predicted.Any hints or tips???

tuff13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 - 04:48 AM UTC
Thanks Yoni, for the input on the rims. Can't wait to shoot some of that deon green on the cab.Also I was wondering about marker lights and side lights.The ones Ive seen in some of the after market web/sites do not say the lense are amber plastic.Or do they did to be painted amber???
tuff13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 03:26 PM UTC
Dose any one have any info on where to find some after market Tubo's or might know of a kit that might have the a twin Turbo set up ?
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 06:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Yoni, for the input on the rims. Can't wait to shoot some of that deon green on the cab.Also I was wondering about marker lights and side lights.The ones Ive seen in some of the after market web/sites do not say the lense are amber plastic.Or do they did to be painted amber???

..try this sites pics-
http://www.sweptline.com/hist/a-100.html
..the L700s cabs were the same as the A100s, just wider fenders and the cubby hole behind the semi truck seats....anything to help out a fellow mopar builder!
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 07:12 AM UTC
I knew I had the page somewhere...tooo many faves that need to be reorganized!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_h2HFSk-YN8U/SVYxNEa-XuI/AAAAAAAAAlg/RuMR4IK1nQ4/s1600-h/DodgeL-700page05.jpg

...a GNX kit would probably yeild the needed twins.......or you could google "turbos", find a nice pic and scratch your own.
tuff13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 - 03:23 AM UTC
Bob,thanks for the info,and thats 2 cool web. sites. They had a lot of info and good referance phot's...
 _GOTOTOP