Scale truck modeling topics.
Dodge L700 stakebed in progress
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 - 11:53 AM UTC
Here's the current pics of my dodge L700 stakebed truck...needs only 2 things really to be done;
1] stake latches - can't seem to make anything I like so far.
2] to get the 3 rear windows glassed! That curve has been plaguin gme for a while!!!!

That's a real wood deck back there with stains. I have some cable and chains to hang off the headache rack and a big rolled up tarp to toss in there too.
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 - 01:06 PM UTC
Looks nice, Bob. It was a tough build OOB, so I cannot immagine what you're running into with your modifications. I like your mirrors.

Jim
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 - 04:20 PM UTC
The mirrors are the same as yours except the ower piece that goes to the bottom of the door is gone....some trucks have those...some don't.
The build wasn't that hard really...just that stupid curved rear window{s}...it was a great idea in the beginning till I had to actually install the glass{sheet clear stock}...then it's been a hassle.
Even with hot water I still get a white craze in the corners of both sides...I'll get it one of these days!
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 01:15 AM UTC
Good luck on the rear window, I'm sure you'll figure something out. It really is a nice looking truck. Were the three rear windos an option, or did they all come like that?

Jim
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 11:47 AM UTC
Jim, the "3 windows" was an option, but the regular version was the single. The two added lil windows were for better city visibility in back. The old IMC box shows the truck with these 3 windows, but the kit has no reference to that in the instructions, so I did my own.
 _GOTOTOP