Scale truck modeling topics.
Chicago iHobby show report... Lonestar kit
MacTrucks
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 285 posts
Auto Modeler: 47 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2009 - 05:25 AM UTC
A relatively exciting announcement from the iHobby show in Chicago. Moebius models is working on an International Lonestar truck kit. They intend to have test shots of tooling for next years show so the kit is still aways off. They have had the licensing for the Lonestar for a couple of years now, but are making engine changes to reflect the 2010 Lonestars. The kit will mostly likely be 1/25 scale, maybe 1/24 (techincally 1/25 is the "odd scale" with no easy conversion like 1/24 or 1" to 2feet.) They really want something that will sell well. Get the word out guys so they know there is a market for this one. Sure its only on paper for now, but lets make it happen.

Also, saw the Italeri dump trailer. Nice looking and a must have. Looks like all new tooling in person.

Revell-Monogram will be reissuing the 1/32 scale Mack R and tanker combo. They will also be reissuing the 1/25 scale Kenworth conventional aerodyne snap kit. A well done kit like the Pete 359, not overly simple.

Otherwise from AMT/Ertl the same reissues that are still pending, but expect them to continue to reissue everything they possible can.

Lindberg will continue to reissue the Dodge L700 along with the tanker and trailer kits in various forms. Maybe they will surprise us with something new eventually.

Tons of HO scale stuff, but I ran out of time so I can give much useful details on that.

Generally relatively quiet, but given the state of the economy I'm excited.
 _GOTOTOP