_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Dukes of Hazzard police car
long_tom
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,362 posts
Auto Modeler: 21 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 - 08:06 AM UTC
It is a 1978 Dodge Monaco; it is marked as such. But despite extensive looking at the Internet, I can't seem to find any walkaround photos of this vehicle, either the ordinary of the DOH versions.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Auto Modeler: 256 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 - 09:19 AM UTC
Here are a few links you may or may have not seen. The first one is great, it show's the cop car in a walkaround.

DUKES OF HAZZARD POLICE CAR REPLICA

I found these typing in...

Roscoe P. Coltrane's Sheriff Car

1978 Dodge Monaco Dukes of Hazzard police car

Be sure to check out the images as well.

Hope this helps,
Joe
Yoni_Lev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
Auto Modeler: 339 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 - 12:12 PM UTC
A few details about the many different Hazzard County Sheriff cars:

A '70 Dodge Polara and a '75 Dodge Monaco appear in Hazzard County dress during the opening credits. For most of the first season, the Hazzard County cars were '74 or '75 AMC Matadors. The '77 Dodge Monaco was the staple of the HCS fleet for a while, until the '78 Plymouth Fury took over sometime during the 4th season. Also included in the mix of Sherrif's cars during the show's run were a '74 Satellite, a '75 Gran Fury as well as '73 and '76 Furys. The standard lightbar looked like a Federal Aerodyne in red & blue, and it appeared that way on most of the Hazzard County cars.

I have been unable to find a full walkaround on Rosco Coltrane's '78 Plymouth Fury (although the kit, in both AMT and MPC boxings, is indeed a Dodge). If I find anything of note, I'll be sure to post it.

-YL
 _GOTOTOP