_GOTOBOTTOM
Paint & Finish
For automotive paint and finishing topics.
REVIEW
Model Expo Portable Spray Booth
c5flies
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Auto Modeler: 294 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 12:14 PM UTC
Matthew Toms provides a review of Model Expo's Portable Spray Booth, which appears to be the perfect size for us AutoModelers.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 - 08:34 AM UTC
"Wife tested"...I like that...and we all know if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!
Thanks for the review.
Wonder if it'd pull enough with a 1/25 semi trailer in front of it?
straightedge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Auto Modeler: 100 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 01:22 AM UTC
I got a real good question for you, like on the back of this spray booth they got the guard for the fan that they said to take off and buy yourself one of them shrouds to put a dryer hose on like is on the back of your clothes dryer, the only problem is where do you buy one of them shrouds for this paint booth because I have been to Home Depot, Lowes, and even our super Wal-Mart and no one knows anything about a shroud to put on the back like is on the back of your clothes dryer so you can slip a dryer hose to it to the outside of your shop.

Please tell me where I can buy a shroud for my paint booth so I can put a dryer hose on it to paint.
LeoCmdr
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Auto Modeler: 3 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 07:11 AM UTC
It looks like a good product but it appears the review price is off a bit since a year ago when the review was posted....on the review it is listed at $119.99.....but on the Model Expo site it is now listed for $199.99!

Model Expo also lists an exhaust hose for $30.99....there are no details but hopefully it would include an attachment for mounting it on the rear of the spray booth.
straightedge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 10:01 AM UTC
That would be an awful lot of money to pay for just a hose if it didn't include the mounting bracket because you can buy a hose everywhere for a fraction of that price the only thing none of them places know where to get a mounting bracket.
So does any one know for sure that it does include a mounting bracket.
LeoCmdr
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Auto Modeler: 3 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 02:23 PM UTC
Hi Kerry,

I picked up the spraybooth up here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada for $149.00.

I read the instruction manual and the way I read the instructions it states that no attempt should be made to attach any type of additional venting on the. The spray booth is designed to be used with the internal filter only.

Perhaps they have changed the instructions.....but it makes sense why there is no mention of a mounting bracket.
straightedge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 01:45 AM UTC
I don't know back when the price was supposed to be $119.00 I called in to get one but they told me the price without the discount number was around $150.00 so I went ahead and bought one knowing later on I could afford another one to paint my bigger models.

Well they said to find one of them things to attach a dryer vent hose was easy to find but everywhere I went looked at me as though I was crazy when I asked them for the attachment piece, so I figured I would be able to ask some one here where they got there attachment piece at so I could get one so I could vent the harsher enamel paint fumes outside, I figured these filters will handle the acrylic paints but what about the enamels from Testors or some other place that makes enamels, now I haven't tried any paints at all through my booth yet but has any one else tried to paint with enamels without venting the fumes outside, because I was wondering do I need to get a mask to fit my Dachshund also when I paint with enamels or does this filter system handle them.

Thank You for your time Kerry
c5flies
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Auto Modeler: 294 posts
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 - 06:52 AM UTC
Hi Kerry,

I don't have one of these so I'm shooting from the hip, so to speak

I would imagine using a PVC flange for a 4" duct would be pretty easy to find and adapt to the booth. Possibly a closet flange would work, with a 4" flexible, rigid or semi-flexible duct line. The booths fan may not be powerful enough to vent it through a certain length or bends, but a short straight run may be ok.

Now, according to Jason the instructions state that no additional venting be attached...so I'm not recommending this without consulting the manufacturer...cma
Smokeyr67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 145 posts
Auto Modeler: 1 posts
Posted: Friday, March 23, 2012 - 02:43 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

I have a couple of these spray booths, they came with the ducting and shroud, and the manual says to remove one of the two filters when using the external vent.

Shane
 _GOTOTOP