_GOTOBOTTOM
The Garage
For general automotive modeling or non-modeling topics.
What'd everybody get for Christmas?
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 04:56 AM UTC
Was Santa good to you, or did you take the easy way out and get your own...maybe the Wife?{for me that'll never happen since she "tolerates" the hobby but doesn't support it}.
KoSprueOne
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Auto Modeler: 851 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 06:30 AM UTC

http://www.abcmodelsport.co.uk/_products/large/12309-01.jpg

... and socks, two bags of coffee, and some cash. I'm visiting some relatives for a few days and they have a couple LHSs here. I'm taking some of that cash there today.

VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
Auto Modeler: 522 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 07:05 AM UTC
KSO, that smells like a zombie killin' machine........I'm just sayin'.

I got a couple of kits, AMT International Transtar 4300 Eagle was one of them. A gift certificate to my LHS (last one left in my area). Also got 12 books. Yeah, I'm a bookworm.

Hermon
Cuhail
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Auto Modeler: 310 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 08:17 AM UTC
Right on. Santa was good to me. I also helped him out with my wife and kid .

Santa DID bring me a couple of things I could readily show off. First:

Along with the hookups:

I also got an Osprey book- M1 Abrams MBT 1982-92 to help me with this turret (Thanks, baby!) I'm doing.
I got a rolling, tool-holding shop stool for working under the railroad layout. Pretty cool!

Yeah, Santa was cooooool!

Cuhail
okdoky
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,597 posts
Auto Modeler: 63 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 08:58 AM UTC
Hey Ko

Snap,,,,,,,,,,,,, or kind of anyway!!!!! I got a 1/24 BJ212 four door version made by Sheng Hui of China. Ok it is a cheet as it is a di-cast but looks reaally nice.

Wife also treated me to another Revell 1/24 MB G wagon Fire service to convert into a mil version to go along with my previous efforts (still to be finished). I fancy trying an open top special forces version.

The kids got me the Revell 1/24 Smart Car that I can paint up in one or two of my Work's colour schemes.

Karen also got me a lovely Revell 1/72 Sea King HAS.6 AEW.

Has been a Revell, I mean really nice Xmas and to cap it all off it snowed again today so I was able to take the girls out sledging. We had a great day.

Merry Xmas to you all.

Nige
KoSprueOne
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Myanmar
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 12:58 PM UTC
re: BJ212 four door version made by Sheng Hui, pictures if you can please. Very interested. I've been getting into the Hasegawa 1/24 Jeeps and Kubelwagens lately. They all include engines

VonCuda, haha, you and your zombies, man
and talk about those books, I read too

Cuhail, nice score with the compressor/tank. I still do not own a tank. Let us know if that is a good brand to get for airbrushing models

KoSprueOne
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Myanmar
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 01:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Was Santa good to you, or did you take the easy way out and get your own...maybe the Wife?{for me that'll never happen since she "tolerates" the hobby but doesn't support it}.

well, what did you get? At least something for yourself?

jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 03:17 PM UTC
I kind of had a feeling that I wan't going to get any plastic for Christmas, and I was right; so I picked up a AMT International 4300 Eagle a couple of days before Christmas. I did get a gift card to a LHS, so I guess that wasn't too bad. Did get a new digital camera, though.

Jim
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 10:50 PM UTC
Well, I was more interested in what you guys got....the wife and I had a deal a few years ago that Christmas was just for the kids, but the last two years were boring so I got her a digi picture frame...now she's all mad cause she didn't get me anything. Knowing this was going to happen Santa got his own gifts for once...4 Aussie "Backyard Shed's resin truck cab conversions; the Diamond Reo Royal coe, the mid '70's Ford W9000 coe, the 1990's Freightliner FLB coe and the 1942 GMC army truck cab conversion - all 1/25....I admit I went alittle nuts on the spending, but with the big dissapointment on the rescue engine paint and years of getting nothing, I had to. And, ya see santa here ain't no dummy, cause if the wifey does ever find out what I spent - I got leverage!!!

Enough about me...anyone else?
okdoky
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,597 posts
Auto Modeler: 63 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 05:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

re: BJ212 four door version made by Sheng Hui, pictures if you can please. Very interested. I've been getting into the Hasegawa 1/24 Jeeps and Kubelwagens lately. They all include engines

http://www.abcmodelsport.co.uk/_products/large/12309-01.jpg

Hi Ko

Uploaded a pic of the BJ 212 Jeep in 1/24 scale. Is quite a nice model with a di-cast body and plastic cover. It is a pull back and go toy that goes like stink across a solid floor. It was Xmas and had to be tried just for the fun of it. I am sure some kit basher could super detail it up to something really special.

Nige
 _GOTOTOP