_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Mustang GT Police Interceptor
horsegunner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 347 posts
Auto Modeler: 55 posts
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2010 - 01:46 PM UTC
Haven't quite figured out this picture thing yet, but there are five pictures of my police "what-if" on my profile page.
I built a Mustang GT Police Interceptor in RCMP markings for the Brandon, Manitoba detachment patrolling the TransCanada Highway.
Comments welcomed.

Art
Removed by original poster on 01/19/10 - 01:52:42 (GMT).
KoSprueOne
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Auto Modeler: 851 posts
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2010 - 02:23 PM UTC
Bad**s looking cruiser

tip image

were the interior accessories included in the kit?

c5flies
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Auto Modeler: 294 posts
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2010 - 05:26 PM UTC
Nicely done Art. We have a contest running in the Garage forum if you want to get the Stang entered. If you need more help on getting your images posted, take a look Here
horsegunner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 12:48 AM UTC
Thanks for the help guys. Thanks to Yoni Lev for providing the shotgun, the laptop and radar display units were pirated from two diecast police cars, the cellphone is from an old AMT F150 kit, and the storage bin on the side of the console is from an M3 Bradley. The water bottle is from a 1/35th scale kit.
I generally don't build car models, however our local club is doing a group build and the subject is Mustangs, so the opportunity presented itself to build a Mustang Interceptor. Most of my modelling is Canadian Armour.

Art
Yoni_Lev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
Auto Modeler: 339 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2010 - 04:17 PM UTC
Hey there, Art. That's a mighty nifty looking Mustang! Where did you get the RCMP decals?

By the way, I'm glad you got the parts. It's good to see the shotgun used instead of sitting in my parts box for another 20 years...

-YL
horsegunner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 - 04:20 PM UTC
The RCMP decals came from an old set made about 12-15 years by a company called WaterMark Decals. The sheet was designed for the Revell Caprice and contained both the RCMP & Ontario Prov Police markings. A friend of mine, who is still a serving OPP officer found them in his late brothers model collection.
I will be using the OPP decals at some point to make one of the Ford F150's that the force uses for rural patrols.

Cheers,

Art
Yoni_Lev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
Auto Modeler: 339 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 07:22 PM UTC

Wow, that brings back some memories. I remember WaterMark. I would love to find a set of those markings, just in case I ever get the bug to build a RCMP car. You know, 15 years down the road.

Can't wait to see that OPP F-150.

-YL
 _GOTOTOP