Scale truck modeling topics.
Who makes good after market parts?
riceballtrp
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Auto Modeler: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 11:53 AM UTC
Specifically, who makes after market cabs? I bought a really cool GMC Astro day cab from someone a while back, and would like to buy more stuff, but no luck. TIA,

Tim
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Auto Modeler: 217 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 12:15 PM UTC
Try these places

http://sourkrautsmodeltrucks.com/?page_id=3&category=2&product_id=537

http://www.aitruckmodels.com/pages/kitsparts.html
riceballtrp
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Auto Modeler: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 01:01 PM UTC
Thanks!
Steve_W
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 44 posts
Auto Modeler: 14 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 10:19 PM UTC
Any use?... Kit Form Services
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 12:13 AM UTC
I've used some KFS parts in the past. They're nice. I don't buy them directly from Howard, but I get them from Chris at Sourkraut. He's the US importer.

Jim
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 03:24 PM UTC
This guy on ebay, who's in australia, has some nice conversion cabs. If you buy 2-3 at a time it's easier on shipping than 1 kit at a time. I have his Reo Royal, FLB, '42 GMC army truck, and his Ford 9000 and WT9000....nice stuff! Look up "Auskid40" on ebay sellers or in the ebay stores.
...I still want his White road commander coe, Mack ultraliner coe and his '50s bubblenose KW coe would be nice too.
I think sourkraut can get these too...jim? SK got my KFS DAF XT cab and generic stacks.
While I do like Howard's stuff at KFS...I do wish he'd get with the times and make a secure payment section{like paypal} on his site like or at the very least take paypal...I've emailed him at least a half a dozen times to place an order and pay thru paypal "with" an added 5% to cover his paypal fees, and have yet to ever hear back from him...dang shame!!!{must be still upset about that lil tea party thing eons ago-lol...it wasn't me!}...I won't send any credit card info unsecured or make a phone call across the sea in hopes someone answers...I've ordered and paid to several different countries stores in different currancies thru paypal a dozen times....I wish he'd allow this too. I'm not bashing his products - they accel above and beyond...just maybe his business practices in this day and age, I guess. Rant over- {thank you sour kraut's for being a go between}

old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 03:47 PM UTC
A few more for the list-
-Resin Motor Replicas has some assorted truck cab conversions- I have his Dodge Bighorn kit in the "'70's" section...Note!- he's got a Dodge CNT "crewcab conversion coming down the pike...{JIm!}
RMR
-Spaulding trading and shipping has some dozen or so cab conversions
STS
-M&G has some nice Euro truck accessories and his pinstriping is great for doing a Euro truck up nice{many radius curved pieces as well as straights in a set}...but no cab conversions...he's an alternative to KFS in the way of extra parts for Euro trucks.
M&G
-For a mid weight Dodge truck, there's this site for a W-300 Dodge in standard or crew cab conversions...looks neat.
Finks garage
That's all I've got aside from what's been mentioned...guess it depends on what truck cab you have need for...and look at RMR's other mid weight cabs too on there page if you like the older stuff.
 _GOTOTOP